I cancelled my ordered, you kept my money

General discussions and other topics.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by Ron Nichols » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:58 pm
On November 23rd I placed an order for Sonic.net service to my home in San Jose. The charges went through and then I found out I was looking at 3 weeks minimum before I'd have any service. I called the following morning and cancelled. And was never refunded the $53 dollars. I called a week later to confirm I had cancelled. Still no refund. A week later I received a system generated email to all "customers" and called again, to confirm I had cancelled.

STILL NO REFUND.

On December 15th I got ANOTHER system generated email stating that my account had been "auto-renewed" with the card info provided. I have not found any additional charges in my Bank Statement after the Nov 23rd transaction, but rest assured I will be scouring the records to be certain. But the question still remains: HOW and WHEN will I receive my refund?

I've called twice this morning for your billing department, but no one is picking up. I'm willing to drive to your office if that's what it takes to resolve this matter, but I will expect additional compensation for my travel fees and time lost for work. Someone respond please.
by Ron » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:10 pm
Update:

Read the email in more detail, and it appears that my "account" with you was credited the $53.00 but that means nothing to someone who doesn't actually have an account.

I was told I'd be refunded and that is what I expect.

It took an hour for the funds to be accepted by your company, but you folks can't seem to get the funds back to me, let's see, going on 5 weeks now?

Please reply to me. I'm trying all the channels I can think of. Social media (facebook, twitter, etc) are next on my list.
by amayfield » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:22 pm
Sorry for all the trouble. I think I've located your account and what happened is your original order was canceled but we didn't initiate an account cancelation. So technically, even though there are no services tied to the account, your account is still active. I'm not sure why this happened, as we generally will create the account cancelation ticket at the same time we create the order cancelation ticket.

I can initiate cancelation of your account at which point that $53 credit will be refunded to the credit / debit card we have on file for you but I do need to confirm your username. Could you PM your username, address and contact phone number?
Andrew M.
Community & Escalations Manager
Sonic
3 posts Page 1 of 1