Checking Received Calls?

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
by Guest » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:54 pm
Is there anyway to check for the phone numbers of calls received? I looked under Voice->Usage, but it seems to only show outgoing calls.
by thulsa_doom » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:29 pm
We currently do no provide a log of inbound calls. Transparency is important for outbound calls as there is a possibility of long-distance charges being applied (for international calls), but not so much for inbound.

My home phone maintains its own caller-ID log, but your mileage may vary.
John Fitzgerald
Sonic Technical Support
by ankh » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:41 pm
How about phone number lookup?

I got email with waiting voicemail -- the "vm" was a long silent stretch, no other message
I found the caller listed at http://www.whycall.me/916-534-8590.html
You might check it, it's identified as multiple complaints and an Arizona fine against it

Could Sonic bundle a search to identify calling numbers?

I also got a long, long voicemail from a preacher who really, really wanted us to dial a phone number -- kept repeating it and exhorting us to dial, dial now to save your soul. I'd like to know what that number goes to.
by twlit » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:49 pm
Sonic tech support has access to inbound call logs, so it would be great to have access to that information ourselves. My phone doesn't have caller ID, and regardless it would be convenient/useful/good to have access via the Sonic web interface to the same basic inbound call info (time, caller ID) that Sonic already tracks and stores.
by dane » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:43 pm
twlit wrote:Sonic tech support has access to inbound call logs, so it would be great to have access to that information ourselves. My phone doesn't have caller ID, and regardless it would be convenient/useful/good to have access via the Sonic web interface to the same basic inbound call info (time, caller ID) that Sonic already tracks and stores.
We will eventually be able to offer full call data records, but it'll be a while before we have that capability on our site.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by ankh » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:37 pm
and I suppose we can't just get it from the NSA ourselves (wince)

Thanks for the option to insist caller-ID be turned on -- Support reminded me about that, I set it on to challenge callers that have caller-ID off -- and got no annoying silent phone calls at all today for a change.
by ankh » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:26 pm
Spam silent call -- caller ID and envelope say it's from 213 519-5751 5:18PM

'oogling that, other places describe this one as the "calling about delivering your medical device" scammer
7 posts Page 1 of 1