Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access de

Web hosting discussion, programming, and shared and dedicated servers.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by tbell » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:21 pm
hello everyone,

i have a slight problem that i don't know how to fix.
please see screeshot to have an idea of the issue.
any help would be great.

http://www.diigo.com/item/image/3d79q/x8q6

please let me know a step by step guide to help me fix the issue as seen above.

thanks
by rodrigo » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:11 am
One one of the scripts on your website is attempting to access a database; access requires a database to connect to, and username and a password, and can be further restricted based on the source of the access request.

The error is saying that, for the provided user, coming from where it's coming from, and with a password provided (which is not displayed for the sake of security), access was denied to the requested database. It's likely the username, the password, database name, or all three, are wrong.

Unfortunately, how to fix it depends entirely on how your site is set up. There is likely a configuration file that has the username, password, and database name specified. You can manage databases (and get the access credentials for them) from the Member Tools.

I don't know what your programming experience is, but if it's minimal to none, I might suggest finding one or a few who you can either pay hourly or on retainer to fix issues like this.
2 posts Page 1 of 1