Why call forwarding on unanswered is important: Google Voice

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by ellenspertus » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:12 am
I haven't seen anyone mention the main reason that call forwarding on busy or unanswered is so important to me: By forwarding unanswered calls to Google voice under AT&T, I got the messages transcribed and emailed to me. I'm not sure I would have switched to Sonic if I'd known this type of call forwarding was unavailable. I hope it gets added soon, although I understand it's not at the top of the list. I'll have to decide whether it's worth paying AT&T or a more powerful VOIP provider to get this feature.
by toast0 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:50 pm
You could port your number to google voice (and sonic will give you a new number), and let google voice try to dial you and do voicemail on timeout?
by pcorning » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:37 am
Agreed with ellenspertus.

Selective call forwarding is a valuable feature that Sonic should add. It will extend the value of a Sonic line by letting people use third party services (Google Voice) for voicemail consolidation, message transcription and follow-me calling services.

People who now use Google Voice have to block their Sonic number now to avoid people calling back on it, or they have to use the comparatively primitive Sonic voicemail system when they'd rather not.

Other people would use selective call forwarding as a call waiting alternative (roll incoming calls to 2nd line), letting them get more out of a 2-line Fusion account.
by dane » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:46 pm
We are working toward this capability, but it's likely to be some time before we can deploy it. We are also doing the preliminary work on voicemail transcription, FYI.

Fusion will continue to improve on the voice and data features, stick with us!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by vrjinterpret » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:43 pm
Any current information on Voicemail transcriptions
5 posts Page 1 of 1