I guess it's time to leave sonic

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
33 posts Page 4 of 4
by dane » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:22 am
dennish wrote:
When did you walk the street? The pole in front of my home has been reinforced with steel some time ago.

I visited about six months ago. There were at least two poles on the block which were in need of repair or replacement. One in particular that stood out visibly was this one: https://goo.gl/maps/FmTWXvcSSBBG6LFx6

I don't know if there have been repairs or replacements there, we'd give that another look when we do another project in the area to bring more widespread fiber. At that time, any poles which are in an unsafe state can lead to a gap in deployment.
Dane Jasper
CEO
Sonic
by dennish » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:43 pm
I just went out and looked at the pole. Yep, really bad. Not sure it is doing much of anything. The pole is at the end of the block. Could you not come from the other end of the block?
by dane » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:49 pm
No, we have to build contiguous network.

And I recall that was just one of at least two overloaded / unsafe poles. That’s why we had to take the network underground for that segment.
Dane Jasper
CEO
Sonic
33 posts Page 4 of 4