Custom/DDNS Supported by Gigabit hardware?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by underpickled » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:36 pm
I just talked with Sonic sales, inquiring about the capabilities of the provided gateway for residential Gigabit... it seems that custom DDNS is not supported. Can anyone confirm this and if so, does anyone know what DDNS services are supported? I really want to switch from Comcast, but if I can't use DDNS on the gateway it's a hard sell...
by jacob.karinen » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:26 am
It's possible the sales rep said it's not supported as in if you want to do this you're on your own and sonic technical support cannot help you set it up. I tried finding more concrete information about DDNS and have sent a couple messages but I'm still waiting to hear back. I don't see a reason why you shouldn't be able to set up a custom DDNS. If our equipment doesn't support it and you have your own that does then you could go ahead with using that instead of ours.

We also offer the first 30 days of service to test it out. If it doesn't work for you then you can cancel with no penalty.
Jacob K.
Community and Escalations Supervisor
Sonic
by underpickled » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:51 pm
If you do hear back about DDNS that would be great. I just want to make sure there's some way to configure it (with the understanding that Sonic couldn't help with setup).
3 posts Page 1 of 1