Sonic Fiber in Berkeley

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
62 posts Page 7 of 7
by shilpasonic » Fri May 17, 2019 8:29 am
Hi. Thanks for posting, Dane.

I live in South Berkley, on King St at Alcatraz. I’ve been checking in for updates via phone and getting the same range of feedback everyone else is sharing.

What is the best way for us to find out when Sonic fiber will reach us? Who knows that/who is in charge of making those determinations?
by dane » Fri May 17, 2019 9:35 am
shilpasonic wrote:
Hi. Thanks for posting, Dane.

I live in South Berkley, on King St at Alcatraz. I’ve been checking in for updates via phone and getting the same range of feedback everyone else is sharing.

What is the best way for us to find out when Sonic fiber will reach us? Who knows that/who is in charge of making those determinations?

Since our permitting issues in Berkeley, we've stopped providing any projected go-live dates for any of our network, because we've realized that actual achievement of any dates we promise isn't something we can fully control. As such, we'd prefer not to over-promise and let people down, when issues with localities or contractors or weather etc arise.

So, the way to find out when it's available is, if you are a current customer you will be the first to get an invitation to migrate from your current service to fiber, and we'll do the drop and schedule your installation. Pre-orders come next, a couple days later, they'll get their invitation to schedule. It's all automated at this point, so simply by being a Fusion customer, or placing a pre-order, you'll get monthly updates on construction, and then a migration notification.
Dane Jasper
CEO
Sonic
62 posts Page 7 of 7