Russian Hill has telephone poles

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, FTTN and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by Niko » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:28 am
Hello,

Would it be possible for your firm to consider adding service to Russian Hill district in San Francisco that has telephone poles? Has anyone done a study?
I realize your fast internet service is in the Richmond and Sunset districts of the city which is great, but San Franciscans on Russian Hill need another option to compete with the Comcast monopoly and or oligopoly. If you need anymore input or have any questions please send them to me. I have lived in the city for 25 years and we have needed another internet option since the internet was invented!

Thank you. Have a nice day.
by dane » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:07 am
Niko wrote:
Hello,

Would it be possible for your firm to consider adding service to Russian Hill district in San Francisco that has telephone poles? Has anyone done a study?
I realize your fast internet service is in the Richmond and Sunset districts of the city which is great, but San Franciscans on Russian Hill need another option to compete with the Comcast monopoly and or oligopoly. If you need anymore input or have any questions please send them to me. I have lived in the city for 25 years and we have needed another internet option since the internet was invented!

Thank you. Have a nice day.

Yes, we are looking at all portions of SF that have aerial utilities. But due to the City of San Francisco's policies which disallow new trenchless utility construction, some aerial regions do end up isolated, so even where utilities are aerial in the last segment, deployment is not universally feasible. But we'll build everywhere it's possible for a new utility to do so under SF's current regulations!
Dane Jasper
CEO
Sonic
2 posts Page 1 of 1