Gigabit Berkeley

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
640 posts Page 46 of 64
by Racker » Wed May 08, 2019 6:27 pm
Spotted a Bronco team working on 8th between Channing and Bancroft! So close.
by pranavk » Thu May 09, 2019 11:50 am
Any guidance about Gigabit fiber service around California and Prince St in south Berkeley? I signed up around a year ago, and wanted to know the feasibility of getting service this year.
by amnster » Thu May 09, 2019 12:40 pm
pranavk wrote:Any guidance about Gigabit fiber service around California and Prince St in south Berkeley? I signed up around a year ago, and wanted to know the feasibility of getting service this year.
Me too. I'm a few blocks east of you
by Hoowzer » Sun May 12, 2019 7:35 pm
Hoowzer wrote:My Sonic preorder was cancelled in West Berkeley because Sonic stated they could not build. (Corner of Grayson and San Pablo).

With these new developments does this mean Sonic is once again building to provide us in West Berkeley with gig internet?

@Dane - I don't believe an answer has been provided here for my neck of the woods. Could you provide some clarity if our area will be serviced?
by jonathanwadams » Mon May 13, 2019 8:49 am
Are there any updates on the 1200 block of Derby at Matthews? What's the timeline looking like at this point?
by lefish » Tue May 14, 2019 10:24 am
Lots of activity recently in Central Berkeley! In my area, make-ready work is done, stays are pulled, fiber is pulled and lashed, and a few LCP boxes installed (though not yet for FDA 27B).

Wondering about timeline for these starting to go live. Are there many more steps involved? I know the LCP's need to be wired and local drop terminals need to be installed. Should we expect to see service being activated in days? Weeks? Months? I'm personally interested in FDA 27B, but lots of my neighbors in adjacent FDAs are curious as well. Any info you can share is greatly appreciated.

Thanks! Always fun to see the trucks at work.
by dane » Tue May 14, 2019 10:52 am
lefish wrote:Lots of activity recently in Central Berkeley! In my area, make-ready work is done, stays are pulled, fiber is pulled and lashed, and a few LCP boxes installed (though not yet for FDA 27B).

Wondering about timeline for these starting to go live. Are there many more steps involved? I know the LCP's need to be wired and local drop terminals need to be installed. Should we expect to see service being activated in days? Weeks? Months? I'm personally interested in FDA 27B, but lots of my neighbors in adjacent FDAs are curious as well. Any info you can share is greatly appreciated.

Thanks! Always fun to see the trucks at work.
The temporary halt in construction has created a certain amount of chaos in our planning and scheduling, and at this point we're just moving in every direction at once to get it all built. So, we don't have good updated schedules that would be useful. But the activity you see is the best sign that we are fully engaged, and we and our staff and our contractors are working to get every neighborhood up just as rapidly as we can. We've got thousands of households waiting, and we are eager to connect you all!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by gmerritt » Wed May 15, 2019 5:52 pm
62nd St, Berkeley, between Dover & MLK: Sonic fiber (with orange tags) strung down the block a couple of weeks ago....and this door knob hangtag, teasing me, with Sonic fiber now just a few METERS away from my PoE....!

by dane » Wed May 15, 2019 6:34 pm
Yep, good progress there! You can get Sonic fiber from us or from LMI - choose either one! =)

(But of course, don’t order from _both_ of us, or we’ll deliver two circuits and you’ll be charged by both Sonic and LMI!)
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by gmerritt » Wed May 15, 2019 7:10 pm
dane wrote:Yep, good progress there! You can get Sonic fiber from us or from LMI - choose either one! =)
lol...I log in to members.sonic.net every day, click to upgrade my Internet connection, and see this every time....

"Lucky you! Sonic Gigabit Fiber internet + phone will be available at your address soon.
We'll contact you as soon as service is available to schedule your installation."

....but now I’m going to start holding my breath!
640 posts Page 46 of 64