Setting up an E-Comm site using DreamWeaver

Web hosting discussion, programming, and shared and dedicated servers.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by sheaney » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:30 pm
Please help. I am a sonic user and I need assistance of how to set up a website in Dream Weaver (from Adobe CS5) and add an E-Comm to it for selling prints and original art. An idea my better half came up with to save our butts from extinction since we've both been unemployed 3 years and 1.5 years and our employment searching has netted zilch, and we're even rationing our remaining food to save $ for rent.

Please email me with any suggestions to sheaney@sonic.net and please no spammers, I have to money to take advantage of your offers.

Some clarification: I don't need HTML or CSS or any scripting lessons, only the settings needed to start a website using Dream Weaver and some knowledge of how to add an E Comm, shopping cart and all that jazz.
by toast0 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:38 pm
It's been a while since I looked, but I think it's pretty easy to set up a PayPal purchase button. https://merchant.paypal.com/cgi-bin/mar ... &nav=0.3.3 (Bonus, if you start with 'paypal standard payments', there's no startup fees, other than your time.) If you're selling your art, you don't need a super awesome shopping cart system, just something that's good enough next to your art.

Regarding your situation, I wish you the best, and I hope you're looking into all resources (food banks, etc) that are available to you. Once you approach starving, it gets pretty hard to get HTML/CSS done (even with a WYSIWYG editor).
by sheaney » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:48 pm
Thank you for the Pay Pal link and I finally took advantage of a library system for new Adobe CS5 users at Lynda.com which has an awesome library of how-tos and I think this will help me plug in all those settings to start a web site up and once I get there then coding HTML and adding a CSS is easy for me.

And regarding my situation, things are tough for sure, and we are tightening the belts a bit but not starving ;) and I did manage to start social security so we have 3/4 of the rent, nothing else, but at least it's a start.
3 posts Page 1 of 1