U-verse to Fusion

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
8 posts Page 1 of 1
by kjshen » Wed May 16, 2012 3:17 pm
Hi,
I have At&T U-verse DSL only now, no phone line, no TV. I try to order Fusion Broadband to replace my U-verse DSL from your web-site. But, it always charge me $75 installation fee. I check your FAQ and the installation should be free. How do I avoid this charge?
by tlimper » Wed May 16, 2012 5:05 pm
Hello! The only circumstance in which we're able to waive the $75 installation fee is specifically when a customer is switching from standard AT&T landline (non-Uverse) voice service, as the telephone wiring is already in place. Any service related to Uverse goes over a fundamentally different type of infrastructure and does require wiring work to be done at the customers premises in order to receive Fusion. If you've found any information on our website that is unclear on this or contradictory, do please past the link here so we can ensure that all of the information presented is up-to-date!
by Mike » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:37 am
I currently have U-vere and am interested in Sonic Fusion internet and phone. I spoke with technical support and they said that a new copper drop would be needed and that AT&T may hold up this process, 'hold line hostage'. What length of down time should I expect and what is process, ie., I need to terminate U-Verse service first?
by dane » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:25 am
Mike wrote:I currently have U-vere and am interested in Sonic Fusion internet and phone. I spoke with technical support and they said that a new copper drop would be needed and that AT&T may hold up this process, 'hold line hostage'. What length of down time should I expect and what is process, ie., I need to terminate U-Verse service first?
When you order Sonic.net Fusion service but already have Fusion, just be sure to order with your address, and allow us to assign a new number. This gets you a new copper loop, delivered in parallel with your existing U-Verse service. Once Fusion is up and running, contact us to have us port your number over if you'd like to retain it - then once this completes, cancel U-Verse fully.

Sorry for all the hoop-jumping!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Mike » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:31 pm
Thanks for your quick response, but to clarify, I currently have U-Verse internet, phone and TV (which I don't want). I don't currently have Sonic/Fusion. It sounds like I should keep U-verse until after I order new Sonic Fusion service and this service is installed with new copper line. My only concern is that one your technicians said that if AT&T sees existing U-Verse service, they may not install the new copper line needed for your service. Are we in a catch-22?
by dane » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:37 pm
I don't believe there is any conflict, unless you were to order Fusion on top of the existing U-Verse telephone number. In that case, it would fail with a conflict, as we cannot take the pair they are using. But, we should have no problems delivering a new one, as far as I know! Do let us know here how it turns out.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Guest » Sun May 26, 2013 6:19 am
I have an AT&T Landline Phone connection, and a U-Verse Internet service. When I was forced to switch to U-Verse, I opted to KEEP my landline.

Question: Although I have U-Verse internet, since I do NOT have U-verse phone service, but DO have AT&T Landline Phone, can I avoid the service installation and fee, and do the self-install?

Thanks
by dane » Mon May 27, 2013 9:15 pm
Guest wrote:I have an AT&T Landline Phone connection, and a U-Verse Internet service. When I was forced to switch to U-Verse, I opted to KEEP my landline.

Question: Although I have U-Verse internet, since I do NOT have U-verse phone service, but DO have AT&T Landline Phone, can I avoid the service installation and fee, and do the self-install?

Thanks
Maybe. It depends upon if the landline is truly still POTS. Generally I'd guess it's not, and you'll be stuck with a full technician install, but only way to know for sure is to order service.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
8 posts Page 1 of 1