"Toll-Saver" message waiting Voicemail available?

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by gltobey » Sun May 13, 2012 2:49 pm
I was happy to get rid of the answering machine and switch to the free voice mail included with Sonic Fusion; however, there is a missing feature I would like to request.

My old answering machines had "toll-saver" messaging, where the device would pick-up on the fourth ring if no message was waiting, and in two rings if you had messages.

With the Sonic voice mail, I never know if I have a message waiting unless I go through the process of entering pass code, etc.

It would be a great feature if Fusion voice mail could be configured to ring, say four times if no message, and then pick up on two rings if a message was waiting so you would then know to enter pass code to proceed. Of course, having the feature be user configurable would be superb! :)

Of course, in these days of unlimited national cellphone plans, saving money on tolls is not my primary concern; rather it's not knowing if I have a message waiting until I have gone through the authentication process.

I used the toll-saver feature extensively when traveling internationally when checking for messages.

Thanks!
by dane » Sun May 13, 2012 3:19 pm
How about activating the voicemail notification via SMS, or even checking the IMAP email Voicemail folder via your smartphone?
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by gltobey » Sun May 13, 2012 4:36 pm
I do not have a smartphone, and even then I have read horror stories about world-wide data roaming costing $$$.

I am aware and use the free voice mail to email translation feature Sonic provides, so eventually I will receive the message when checking email; however, it's not quite as convenient as what I proposed.

And, you did ask us for "features we would like to see!!" (big grin)
by ankh » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:11 pm
> "features we would like to see!!"

I'll add: stuff that would be useful when the AC grid is down for a long while. Can you trickle charge a battery from the phone line, in extremis? A smart battery?

And a menu navigable with nothing but voice and keypress, for the day none of the graphics devices are connecting but POTS still works ...
by ankh » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:12 pm
(ASIDE -- someone called me at 8am, we heard four rings; he said:I didn't get the opportunity to leave voicemail
I got a "not available", but no chance to leave a message.
The Sonic.net subscriber you called is not available.
5 posts Page 1 of 1