Petaluma fiber

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, FTTN and Gigabit Fiber!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by Foremans » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:15 pm
Over the past few weeks, Sonic had been laying new fiber along Maria Dr and Rainier Ave. Today they crossed Sonoma Mountain Pkwy to Rainier Cir.

Is this fiber going to continue north towards the SRJC campus and Kenilworth neighborhood?
by Bmiller » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:15 pm
I have seen the same activity and the work has made it up rainier almost to Sonoma mountain parkway elementary. Is there a chance of fiber coming to this area?
by wyeager3 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:51 am
I see fiber pulled to a pothole in front of every house down Crinella Dr. Would love to glimpse the roadmap to see how long we'll have to wait . . .
by ubermick » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:09 pm
They were laying fiber a few weeks ago at the corner of Casa Grande and Ely Blvd. South. Excitedly asked one of the workers what the story was, and he acknowledged it was fiber for the high school. No clue if there are plans to extend into residential neighborhoods, but I'll be signing up the second it happens. I can't wait to be done with Comcast, but for now Sonic just can't give me the speed I need at home. (50mbps vs 250mpbs)
by ekosf » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:57 pm
Any updates on the expansion?
by dane » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:17 pm
ekosf wrote:
Any updates on the expansion?

No, nothing we can share at this time.
Dane Jasper
CEO
Sonic
6 posts Page 1 of 1