Fiber for 94112?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
22 posts Page 2 of 3
by larns576 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:23 pm
I think the service isn't live yet. I saw them start stringing fiber on the poles just a few days ago. They are probably a few weeks behind schedule due to all the paving the city did in the area.
by joeyyung911 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:00 pm
larns576 wrote:
I think the service isn't live yet. I saw them start stringing fiber on the poles just a few days ago.


Where was this? I haven't seen any Sonic trucks in my vicinity.
Excelsior, Sonic Fiber
by w80 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:47 pm
My address no longer shows it will be available - originally it was showing for August 2018, now nothing. From at least 100 block to 300 block of Russia Ave., nothing. Above the 600 block it shows October IIRC.
by joeyyung911 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:38 pm
w80 wrote:
My address no longer shows it will be available - originally it was showing for August 2018, now nothing. From at least 100 block to 300 block of Russia Ave., nothing. Above the 600 block it shows October IIRC.


I'm seeing Sonic Fiber for 400, 700, 800, 1000, 1100, 1200 blocks. Later blocks still scheduled for Sept.

AT&T Fiber (FX) for 500, 600, 900 blocks.
Excelsior, Sonic Fiber
by Larns576 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:59 pm
joeyyung911 wrote:
larns576 wrote:
I think the service isn't live yet. I saw them start stringing fiber on the poles just a few days ago.


Where was this? I haven't seen any Sonic trucks in my vicinity.


On monday i saw them by London/Russia splicing fiber. Then Thursday by ?Brazil/Moscow? installing a box on a pole.

I didnt see them today omw to work.

My guess is they are installing the backbone fiber from the Mission side toward McLaren then branch off toward the sides after.
by Larns576 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:44 pm
joeyyung911 wrote:

Where was this? I haven't seen any Sonic trucks in my vicinity.


I first saw them last friday the 24th. They were by london/russia splicing wires
by rforrest » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:24 am
Occasionally there are utility poles that need to be replaced or reinforced. PG&E does not tell sonic about this when it does the repairs, so sonic does not engineer those blocks. This has happened a lot in the area recently. Just take a look and tell sonic if this is the case.

Refer to this post:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6999
by joeyyung911 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:16 pm
Finally got my install date for next week. Just saw my neighbor get their fiber strung up to their house.
Excelsior, Sonic Fiber
by anup787 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:23 am
Anyone in Crocker Amazon (near Naples, south of Geneva) have fiber yet? It says Sonic fiber is available and I've pre-ordered but since then, I've heard nothing from Sonic..
by Mzhao841 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:10 pm
Anyone in excelsior or Crocker amazon hooked up with fiber yet? I’ve just signed up for preorder and is curious about the time frame. Thanks.
22 posts Page 2 of 3

Who is online

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 422 on Sat May 26, 2012 5:28 am

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests