International Long distance carrier

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
by Krishnan » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:28 pm
If I switch my home landline telephone to sonic, Can I keep my long distance carrier Telna.

Thanks
Krishnan
by dane » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:27 pm
Krishnan wrote:If I switch my home landline telephone to sonic, Can I keep my long distance carrier Telna.

Thanks
Krishnan
No, because Fusion is an all-in-one service which includes both local and nationwide and international long distance. You can of course use a discount international calling card which has a US based access number. For more on the topic, see: http://corp.sonic.net/ceo/2011/02/26/ho ... ing-rates/

Note that we have begun to include international calling, with Canada being the first free country. (Limited to the first eight hours of calling.) We plan to add more countries free soon, so perhaps your destination will end up being free too. Article here: http://corp.sonic.net/ceo/2011/12/02/so ... rnational/
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by virtualmike » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:14 am
Krishnan wrote:If I switch my home landline telephone to sonic, Can I keep my long distance carrier Telna.
Of course, I don't know your specific calling patterns, but I checked a half dozen international destinations, and in all but one case, Sonic.net's rates were lower than Telna's direct dial rates.
by Doris » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:04 pm
I used to call to HK. Telna's direct dial charges 4.8cents but Sonic.net charges 8 cents.

But I guess I can still call the access number provided by Telna and then connect to international from there, if the rate is lower with Telna. Right?
by dane » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:17 pm
Doris wrote:I used to call to HK. Telna's direct dial charges 4.8cents but Sonic.net charges 8 cents.

But I guess I can still call the access number provided by Telna and then connect to international from there, if the rate is lower with Telna. Right?
Yes, you can use any carrier that offers a call-in access number. Many calling cards do this, for example.

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by QuanSu » Fri May 11, 2012 7:00 pm
Well, this is very good news, but while we wait for free international calls, it would be nice to improve the quality of international calls. Since I switched over from AT&T, quality for international calls from my landline drop 90% compare to what it was before. Calls to Viet Nam is so bad with echoing and static that I have to rise my voice to be heard. (As a test, I called using my AT&T cell phone and it was crystal clear.) Calls to Europe are barely better. What good is free call when I can't even use it?
by dane » Fri May 11, 2012 7:08 pm
QuanSu wrote:Well, this is very good news, but while we wait for free international calls, it would be nice to improve the quality of international calls. Since I switched over from AT&T, quality for international calls from my landline drop 90% compare to what it was before. Calls to Viet Nam is so bad with echoing and static that I have to rise my voice to be heard. (As a test, I called using my AT&T cell phone and it was crystal clear.) Calls to Europe are barely better. What good is free call when I can't even use it?
If you experience voice quality issues, please do report them to support@sonic.net and we will investigate! We may have a bad international path that we are unaware of. In your report, please include the number you called from (your Fusion number, for confirmation), plus the number you called and the date and time of the call. A brief description of the problem (echo, static, volume, etc) would also be useful.

Thank you!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by jslenk » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:27 am
hi,

whenever i see this requirement for extra leg-work required by the customer, it is frustrating. on the one hand an org claims they are going honestly trying to do good customer service, but then they seem to not think sufficiently far through what it takes to really make it easy for end-users.

it would be much better from my end-user perspective if before or after a call i could just dial a # that would report my call as having sucked. you already have the logs so can look at the relevant calls, rather than me having to laboriously type in all the details every time. if you are serious about fixing things you have to lower the hurdles for reporting bad stuff.

otherwise end-users aren't really going to give you as good marks/reviews as they could have. from and end-user perspective, the org is guilty until proven innocent.

(yes then you of course have to worry about spam, so i can see that side of it, believe me. but it would be pretty obvious when one account is spamming from their own line, it isn't as if unregistered people can spam you. in fact the way it is now, more people can spam you via email than via what i suggested above.)

$0.02 (and you can contract me out for a full review of the end-user usability of any and all of your systems, seriously.)
by jslenk » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:54 am
for anybody who happens to hit this via web search (i hope it is more than a rare hit), i'm updating you on this... now about 4 months later.

basically the international calling quality is complete crap. we have spend a month+ "working" with sonic customer support to get it fixed. it has not been an acceptable experience. today i am literally driving over to the ATT store to get a UVerse bundle. i do not want any more of our money going to sonic.

(please note that this is the 2nd time i've been a sonic customer. the 1st time was only internet. it was wonderful, especially since it was after having a bad experience with speakeasy. i even told the it guys at work to try to get sonic business a few months back -- before this fusion debacle. i have done an utter 180 on my opinion of sonic. i would not go back to them for internet alone, since through the fusion experience i've seen them to be basically clueless and unhelpful.)

the only good thing i can say about any of this is that at least sonic fusion is month-to-month so i can at least get away from them asap.
by dane » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:01 pm
Thank you for posting a follow up. I'm sorry we were unable to resolve the issue.

For the benefit of other readers and myself too, will you tell us what the issue was?
Dane Jasper
Sonic
10 posts Page 1 of 1