Mobile apps?

General discussions and other topics.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by Rick » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:39 am
Recent convert to Fusion and absolutely love it. Comcast can take their rate increases and...well, I'll keep this tasteful.

Wondering, however, if there are any plans to release an iPhone/Android/etc. app to access one's Sonic.net account? Voicemail, billing, email, stuff like that? Would be especially cool to be able to access voicemail from wherever you are.
by kgc » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:44 am
We are working on a iPhone app to access and mange Fusion features, including things like listening to voicemail and controlling call forwarding. It is worth noting that if you configure your iPhone to access your sonic.net email account over IMAP (which you can do today) you should be able to access your Voicemail folder and listen to it with the mail client. If you use another email service on your mobile, you could also just have your voicemail forwarded to it as well. Honestly, receiving Voicemail as email is a much better and more convenient way of access your Voicemail.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by jdtangney » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:46 am
I found the app in the Apple app store and installed it, but I can't get it to work.

I get as far as receiving the bot call with the code number, which I enter along with a password (twice). The app then just quits.

I tried this on my iPhone with ios 6.1.1 and my iPad with 5.1.1 and they both do the same thing. Is the app supported? Any hints for getting it to work?
by jgobble » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:28 am
jdtangney wrote:I found the app in the Apple app store and installed it, but I can't get it to work.

I get as far as receiving the bot call with the code number, which I enter along with a password (twice). The app then just quits.

I tried this on my iPhone with ios 6.1.1 and my iPad with 5.1.1 and they both do the same thing. Is the app supported? Any hints for getting it to work?
I would be happy to help you! Please email me at jgobble@corp.sonic.net and I can contact you directly. We can go from there.
Jann Gobble
jgobble@corp.sonic.net
Senior Software Engineer @ Sonic.net
4 posts Page 1 of 1