Caller ID on Call Waiting

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
12 posts Page 1 of 2
by dane » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:30 pm
For me, with a Panasonic phone and Fusion service, Caller ID works on call waiting calls. Beep - look at the display, and it shows the waiting caller's info.

But two customers have reported to me that it doesn't work for them, on a telephone set where this feature did work when they had ATT voice.

So I am wondering - for those reading, does it work for you?
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by theyipper » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:21 am
Panasonic KX-TG5200 works here.
by virtualmike » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:26 am
It worked properly the last time I received an incoming call while on another (Wednesday, 10:02 am). The phone is an AT&T Dect 6.0 cordless. (Oh, the irony.)

When my line was serviced by AT&T, I didn't have CW or CID on CW.

Is it possible that some people aren't waiting the 2-3 seconds necessary for the data to arrive and for the phone to process?
by saronian » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:56 am
It's working for me with a Panasonic KX-TG6511.
by ark » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:35 pm
Call Waiting Caller ID is not working for me on vtech 6322-4 cordless nor on AT&T 974 wired phone. It worked on both phones when I previously had AT&T landline service on this very line and phone instruments. Could there be a problem with equipment or settings at certain COs?
by dane » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:35 pm
I thought the same thing, but the team tells me there is no per-DSLAM settings related to caller ID on call waiting.

Would you be willing to give us one of these phones as a test sample? We've been unable to find a handset that it didn't work on! We'll swap you for something as good or better. =)

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by jmagick1@sonic.net » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:59 pm
Hi,

I have a Panasonic and also tried another (vtech) phone, neither displayed caller id on call waiting calls. Both phone systems worked on ATT. This is important enough for me that I am considering switching back to ATT even though I like Sonic in all other ways better than ATT.

Thanks,

John L.
by dane » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:59 pm
Is caller ID on call waiting working for others?
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by saronian » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:09 pm
I'm currently using a Panasonic KX-TG6511 at home on my Sonic voice line and CID on Call Waiting works.
by dane » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:09 pm
Works for me too.

I wonder if its a city-specific issue, maybe CID on CW is misconfigured in one CO. John, where are you located?
Dane Jasper
Sonic
12 posts Page 1 of 2