Trying to transfer wordpress site and database

Web hosting discussion, programming, and shared and dedicated servers.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by nealrogers » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:47 am
I need some help with transferring database and Wordpress, from another web server - to Sonic.net

I have followed directions in Wordpress; and set-up a new database in the new Sonic.net account; I then imported the data from the previous Wordpress database new one; then transferred all the Wordpress files - being precise in readdressing the wp-config.php file to the newly created database.

It doesn't work and I get a fatal error with file not found response.

I tried it another way by installing the Wordpress with the Sonic.net add-on, and it created it's own database with a directory that was inaccessible to us - not in my Sonic.net workspace.
by kgc » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:45 am
If you are migrating from another hosting provider it may be easiest to remove the one-click install, use the tools to create a database manually, and then copy the old site in. If you change the files that are installed by the one-click installer it won't process upgrades automatically which is the real reason to use it in the first place.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
2 posts Page 1 of 1