WTH Fusion AT&T Installation

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by wmishere75 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:31 pm
I have never experienced such a horrible installation process for something as simple as DSL. I live in a house that sits on the back of a property that's accessed via a gate at the front. There is no doorbell, and no intercom. For this reason, I have asked on multiple occasions that the technician call me so I can come out and let them in.

6/17/2016 - I sign up for Fusion service. It seemed like it was a good deal since the download speed was double what was being offered by AT&T. I get an email stating that "We'll come to your home within the next few days to install the first portion of your Internet connection. There's no need for you to be home for this portion." Sounds good.

6/23/2016 - I get an email from Sonic stating that an AT&T technician will arrive at my neighborhood junction box between the hours of 8am-8am on this day (a Thursday). I work on weekdays and so was happy to see that they would be able to get the install done without me there. Later that afternoon, I get an email stating that the install was complete.

6/25/2016 - I scheduled a Sonic technician to come and finish the install and deliver service to my room. The technician was unable to detect the DSL service that was installed by AT&T. He left specific instructions for the AT&T technician at the telephone box and installed a new telephone jack in my room.

7/2/2016 - I scheduled a window between 8am-12pm for AT&T to come by. The Sonic support tech that scheduled this appointment told me the AT&T tech would call me when he got there. I called Sonic at around 12:30pm inquiring about why the technician did not come. I was told that they did come to my house but left because "no access". In other words, they could not get past the gate. I asked why they did not call me. The Sonic tech told me they will provide AT&T with my telephone number and have them call me when they rescheduled me for next week. Not sure why they did not provide my telephone to them before then, but whatever.

7/9/2016 - This was an ALL DAY window from 8am-8pm. This time around I made sure to do several things. one, I taped a note to the gate with my telephone number and instructing them to call me if the gate happens to be locked. I even made sure the gate was UNLOCKED. At around 4pm, I contacted Sonic to confirm that AT&T was still going to come out. They told me that an AT&T tech came out at noon but left because "no access". They did not call me, nor did they call Sonic as I was told by the Sonic rep that the support ticket instructed them to do this. At this point, I'm really at a loss as to what to do. Should I just cancel? After all, I was already billed for NEXT MONTH's service even though I still don't any service at all! The Sonic rep I talked to this time around seemed much more knowledgeable and for the first time, I was told that AT&T has a standing policy not to go past gates on private property without the property owner accompanying them. I was just floored at this point as why had no one told me before? Anyways, the Sonic tech called AT&T dispatch and rescheduled for next week. This time he told them to call me right before being dispatched out and again, when the AT&T technician arrived at my house.

7/16/2016 - Will update when the time comes.

Well we'll see what happens next week. If it doesn't happen, then I'm just going to give up. This has been a big waste of time so far.
by amayfield » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:40 pm
Thank you for writing such a comprehensive outline of your installation troubles. You've definitely had a frustrating experience so far and for that I apologize. A majority of installations aren't as rife with problems as yours has been.

If I were to guess I would say on 6/23 AT&T completed the necessary provisioning work remotely, believing there was continuity from the Central Office to your phone box. Often times this is the case, however there are instances where AT&T believes there is continuity when there actually isn't and your circuit was one of those instances.

The situation is further complicated by the fact that your phone box isn't publicly accessible. Ideally, when an AT&T technician is dispatched and doesn't have access to the phone box (s)he'll call the end user (you) and/or Sonic to be granted access. In your case for both dispatches the AT&T technician failed to call either you or Sonic, which is unacceptable.

I am hopeful that your dispatch on 7/16 will be a successful one. If you PM me your account information I'll keep an eye on this and do all I can to facilitate a resolution. Thank you for your patience!
Andrew M.
Community & Escalations Manager
Sonic
2 posts Page 1 of 1