X2 only option for friend

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by kieran » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:58 pm
So per Dane's pleas, I am trying to recruit a friend to sign up for Sonic. I told him that 20mbps FTTN Fusion is a base price of $40, plus phone fees and taxes. That sounded appealing to him. He's currently paying $36/mo to Comcast for "up to 10mbps" (he gets about 5) cable internet only. He went to the Sonic web site and typed in his address. The only option presented to him was 50mbps X2 at $60 + phone fees & taxes. He was not interested in this, said he's happy with slower speeds, and doesn't want to pay that much for internet.

WHY does the Sonic.net web site not show all options available at a given address? You're about to lose a customer! I'm betting the answer will be "have him call us" but that is not attractive to many people these days. If I have to talk to a CSR to get all the info, I tend to just look elsewhere. My friend is the same way.

Also, what happened to the distance estimator? There used to be a feature built in to the "check my address" tool that showed your estimated copper wire distance from the CO or FTTN node.
by Guest » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:07 pm
kieran wrote:I'm betting the answer will be "have him call us" but that is not attractive to many people these days.
That's the answer.
by dane » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:32 pm
As you guessed, he can call and staff can override the standard product offering and provide an X1 variant.

Regarding distance, we don't have that information for FTTN VRAD cabinet served customers. It's only available for those on our own Fusion CO served network.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by kieran » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:11 pm
dane wrote:As you guessed, he can call and staff can override the standard product offering and provide an X1 variant.
Thanks for the clarification/confirmation. However, I highly recommend showing other options on that page. You may be scaring away people who want a lesser product. At a minimum have a statement that says "there may be other options available at your address, call an associate for details" or something like that.
4 posts Page 1 of 1