can we keep cisco anyconnect VPN?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by cougar » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:08 pm
I see in the wiki that, openvpn would replace cisco anyconnect VPN. However, in China, the openvpn only worked for 3 days to bypass the great firewall, while the cisco anyconnect VPN has been up for weeks and it's still working fine.

can we please keep the cisco VPN please? thanks
by orm » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:34 pm
I was still using the built-in mac client to use Cisco IPSec VPN until 2 weeks ago when it just stopped. Worked the day before, then just nothing. Are you still connecting successfully? Or are you asking for it back?
by kgc » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:17 pm
The Cisco VPN is deprecated and is running on a platform that has been EOL and EOS for a long, long time. We do not have any immediate plans to turn it off but do not recommend using it.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by orm » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:45 pm
Got it, thanks k, the vpn connects get weird once in a while on my devices, so it must have been that. I'm perfectly satisfied with openvpn minus the lack of auto-login on connect (won't remember password) for the official Mac OS client. Working on a fix, and I'll post in that thread when I find one I like.
by Guest » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:12 pm
orm wrote:I'm perfectly satisfied with openvpn minus the lack of auto-login on connect (won't remember password) for the official Mac OS client.
Polpo posted a solution at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3529. Should work for the OS X client.
by orm » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:38 am
Thanks Guest,

I've decided to just switch to tunnelblick (OS X only, and mentioned in that article, and at current release I just installed does not require any workaround, perhaps it used to, it offers to store your user/pass in the Mac built-in password wallet/manager keychain.app).
6 posts Page 1 of 1