Router Wifi/service issue

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by miaeih » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:58 pm
I tried emailing support but didn't get anything useful.

I've had sonic service for a year and from the beginning, my wifi intermittently cuts out (my network is wireless only). Recently, it's been cutting out every few mins that I literally can't do anything and have been resorting to my cell data. The reply I got from support was interference but I've never had issues with other service providers / equipment in the same location and I don't have any active electronics in the vicinity (granted I'm in a complex and I can catch a ton of other signals).

I only know basic router configuration so I don't know if this matters... I'm staring at the Pace 4111n modem/router and the service light keeps going out completely; when the light is on, it ranges from really slow blinks, blinks, to solid. I also tried wiring directly to the modem/router and the service also cuts out randomly. I tried attaching the phone and the dial tone cuts in and out.

Please help...

In writing this, it's cut out at least 15 times already...
by m.harmon » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:33 am
Hello,

Sorry you are having trouble with the line. At the start of reading I thought maybe it was a router issue but if you are losing dial tone as well then we are most likely dealing with a wire issue.

A few questions for you.

Is the green phone cord coming from the modem going directly into the wall or is there a filter/splitter plugged in at the jack? Those devices are usually a neutral color like grey or beige and smaller then a playing card.

When you tested the dial tone was it in the same jack that the modem was connected to and was a filter involved?

Do you know where your phone utility box is(often called MPOE or NID)? If we need to send out a technician for the outside lines they will need to have access to that. If it is behind a gate of any size then we will need to arrange a time with you.

https://wiki.sonic.net/wiki/MPOE_Types

I see the email you sent in and will be copying what I posted here to there.
M. Harmon
Sonic Customer Support
2 posts Page 1 of 1