procmail for add-on email accounts

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by mfield » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:17 am
Hi,

While I'm waiting for support to respond...

I had support create procmailrc files for two addon email accounts yesterday. However, they do not seem to be doing anything - no filtering and no log files appear. The procmailrc files just establish the location of the log file using the full path to my home directory on the shell server and then call an rc file in that directory. Is there something special that must be done to activate filtering for an address? Is the server handling the mail on a different filesystem from the shell server such that either (a) I cannot direct it to my home directory for logging and rc files, or (b) I must use a different path from /home/x/xxxx/?

Thanks!
Marc
by kgc » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:15 pm
You'd need to make sure that permissions on your home directory/log files are sufficiently lenient to allow the mailbox accounts write to said files. Also, I strongly recommend that you get have support simply add a rc that pulls an include out of your primary home directory. That way you can alter the includes without further assistance from support.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by Karl » Wed May 28, 2014 8:50 pm
kgc wrote:You'd need to make sure that permissions on your home directory/log files are sufficiently lenient to allow the mailbox accounts write to said files. Also, I strongly recommend that you get have support simply add a rc that pulls an include out of your primary home directory. That way you can alter the includes without further assistance from support.
@kgc
Hi Kelsey, I'm trying to get procmail working on some of my add-on email accounts. Does procmail support symlinks on the .procmailrc file or do you have to use the INCLUDERC= method you describe here? Would you be willing to comment on this thread regarding symlinks? Thanks. :)
3 posts Page 1 of 1