Windows 10 Cannot Reach Network Share

General discussions and other topics.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by rudy711 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:23 pm
I have a pace 5268AC. Prior to using Sonic, I had my network setup with a TPLINK Archer C8. I have two WIn 7 machines and a Win 10 machine. I have several volumes shared between Win7A and Win10, Win7B had no volumes shared.

When network is comprised on the above 3 pcs and TPLINK Router: All files on Win7A and Win10 by all pcs including Win7B. Everything works fine and as expected.

On the PACE router - Win7B can open files on Win7A and Win10. Win10 cannot open any of the files on Win7A. I can RDP to Win7A from any machine, but cannot access file or printer shares.

There is clearly a problem with the routing capabilities of the PACE router. Please don't give me any advice about changing networking on any of the pcs as they are not the problem since everything works properly on the TPLINK.

SONIC- YOU ARE SO SELF-RIGHTEOUS ABOUT THE MONTHLY FEE - BLAH BLAH BLAH FROM DANE ABOUT WHAT A GOOD DEAL IT IS AND HOW GREAT IT PERFORMS - FINE - PLEASE NOW MAKE THE ROUTER WORK AS ONE WOULD EXPECT FOR PAYING A PREMIUM PRICE.

Regards,
by dragonsclaw » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:06 am
Hoo! Boy-o-boy!
You left out many details in your Rant.

Were these systems Wired or WiFi?
Modern security Models default WiFi to block connections to other Local network clients (wired or WiFi).

New equipment (to the user), sometimes needs configuration adjustments for more complex networks.

IMHO The current locked down model is thousands of percent better than the Wide-Open systems shipped in days of yesteryear.
by rudy711 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:10 am
Hello,

My TPLink Router (the one that works) is maybe 15 or 16 months old so I doubt it is "outdated".

On the Sonic router the connections are all wired and the network is designated as home on all pcs. I changed NOTHING in the network configurations, adapter settings, etc., when I moved the cables from the TPLink router to the Sonic Router.

My "rant" is justified since sonic insists that there is "value" in paying them a rental fee for a router in perpetuity. I should get a functional router in return instead of a reply from Sonic that basic file sharing is a "advanced" "unsupported" feature. This is a known issue with PACE systems. ATT uses them and pushes out a firmware update. As the "owner" of the router Sonic needs to take responsibility.

Regards
by dragonsclaw » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:42 am
I just helped my Neighbor (I am the wiring person) upgrade to X2. All the problems were on the AT&T side of the MPOE.
That said, we both run our networks with the real routers/firewalls behind the Sonic gear.

But my understanding and limited experience with the Pace was the 4 ports on the back were just a traditional Switch.
4 posts Page 1 of 1