12-Month Promotional Period Question

General discussions and other topics.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by sjchahal14 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:52 pm
Hi guys,

When I first signed up with Sonic ~18 months ago, I asked if there was a promotional offer and the rep said Sonic doesn't do promotional periods / contracts. Fast forward to today, I see you can get $20 off for 12 months if you enter a 12-month commitment (contract).

Question: Can existing (non-contract) customers enter the 12-month contract with Sonic and get the same promotion?

I love Sonic (because of their fight on the right side of all things Internet). So if this is possible that'd be great (paying $57/mo for 5mbps is kinda icky).

Any help here would be cool rather than having to call and ask :)

Thanks!
by Guest » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:23 pm
????

Where have you seen this? There's nothing on the website about that. I strongly suspect that Sonic would not change that policy about promotions. They've been pretty clear about that.
by sjchahal14 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:34 pm
At https://www.sonic.com/availability (type in your address and check it out):
Sonic Phone & Internet $40.00
Modem Rental ? $6.50
Promotional Discount -$20.00
Total ? $26.50
Estimated Non-Recurring Costs
Total $0.00
The following offer will be applied to your order:

$20 off per month for 12 months!
Also a wiki entry: https://wiki.sonic.net/wiki/Billing_pol ... equirement discussing it.

Really wish something can be handed down to us non-contract customers (or that we can opt-in to the contract itself).
by jhy1998 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:53 pm
Guest wrote:????

Where have you seen this? There's nothing on the website about that. I strongly suspect that Sonic would not change that policy about promotions. They've been pretty clear about that.
When you check availability on your address, this promotion will show up if you are eligible.

From what I can deduce from entering few neighbors' address, this promotion seems like it's available for people who only have choice of Fusion ADSL2+ or based on maximum speed limit (maybe <=30Mbps for X2?).
sjchahal14 wrote:At https://www.sonic.com/availability (type in your address and check it out):
Sonic Phone & Internet $40.00
Modem Rental ? $6.50
Promotional Discount -$20.00
Total ? $26.50
Estimated Non-Recurring Costs
Total $0.00
The following offer will be applied to your order:

$20 off per month for 12 months!
Also a wiki entry: https://wiki.sonic.net/wiki/Billing_pol ... equirement discussing it.

Really wish something can be handed down to us non-contract customers (or that we can opt-in to the contract itself).
If you click continue, the next page has option asking if you are new or existing customers, so I assume this promotion is available for existing customers as well.

I am contemplating whether I should upgrade myself to X2 with promotion because I need faster service, but it's still only 30/1.6 for X2 for me. (Without promotion, I'd be paying $70 for X2, which I wouldn't consider at all)

I really don't want to get comcast, but my need for faster speeds are increasing year after year and sonic hasn't changed since the last five years for me.
by Guest » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:28 pm
I've been a Fusion user for the past several years and a Sonic customer for the past 15 years. After checking to see if higher speeds were available in my area (ala fiber but unfortunately fiber is not available), I learned of the promotion that $20 per month credit for twelve months after submitting my address.

I called Sonic and inquired about re-rating my fusion service. Unfortunately, the promotion is for new customers only. The representative did advise me that she would be sending a internal note to the decision makers indicating my disappointment at how long time clients cannot be provided with the same promotional pricing as new customers. I even offered to term commit to the same 12 months. She suggested I callback at a later date to find if there is a policy change.

BTW, I'm a high-speed cable internet and TV subscriber as well, but I still prefer to patronize the local community-oriented businesses, thus my affinity to Sonic (as well as Marinternet and WCO in the past). I hope Sonic recognizes the value of its long time customers and elects to change its policy.
5 posts Page 1 of 1