VPN to work stopped working

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by Jeannie » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:48 pm
I have been able to successfully VPN into my work server (Comcast service) through my home Sonic (Fusion FTTN) service wireless internet connection. Today it stopped working. Last night I VPN through a friend's Sonic Fusion DSL service. I tried trouble shooting with my IT support. These are the things we tried: 1)powering off and on the modem, 2) hard-wire connecting to the modem. I took my laptop to a coffee shop and had no issues with VPN into my work network. After an hour on the phone with a Sonic tech, he could not help me. He directed me to this forum.
I get the following errors over and over on my Del SonicWALL Global VPN Client:
An error occurred.
The peer is not responding to phase1 ISAKMP requests.
Starting ISAKMP phase 1 negotiation.
by pmbell » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:05 am
have you tried pinging your work firewall address from your laptop? Peer not responding that early may point to a routing problem.
by VPN » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:21 pm
You mentioned you used wireless connection from FTTN and it did not work. On the fusion connection where it worked did you used wired or wireless adapter and were you on the same client machine? The reason I ask is if you used a different network adapter or machine it could be your firewall settings on the client.

As another user suggested try pinging work server. As a test, you could also vpn to sonic's vpn server then try to vpn into your work server thus bypassing FTTN.

You could try reinstalling the client software also.

Anyways, good luck and post back the results and we can continue to help if it doesn't work.
Jeannie wrote:I have been able to successfully VPN into my work server (Comcast service) through my home Sonic (Fusion FTTN) service wireless internet connection. Today it stopped working. Last night I VPN through a friend's Sonic Fusion DSL service. I tried trouble shooting with my IT support. These are the things we tried: 1)powering off and on the modem, 2) hard-wire connecting to the modem. I took my laptop to a coffee shop and had no issues with VPN into my work network. After an hour on the phone with a Sonic tech, he could not help me. He directed me to this forum.
I get the following errors over and over on my Del SonicWALL Global VPN Client:
An error occurred.
The peer is not responding to phase1 ISAKMP requests.
Starting ISAKMP phase 1 negotiation.
3 posts Page 1 of 1