Request callback feature doesn't work for iPhone

General discussions and other topics.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by griffdb » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:44 pm
I sent the below issue to support@sonic.com.

They replied with: It would be best to request this on our forums at forums.sonic.net. That way others can add feedback and it can gain traction.

So here goes. When I call the Sonic support number at 888.766.4233 and am placed on hold, there is a message that states there will be an option to request a call-back instead of continuing to remain on hold. Later, when the question is asked whether I want a call back, press '1', or continue to remain holding, press '2', I press 2 on my iPhone to continue holding. The system does not seem to register that I have pressed 2. I try pressing and holding 2, thinking that maybe the tone duration is too short. It seems that option never registers that I pressed 2. Fortunately, I'm able to continue holding. But it seems like the option, should register that I've pressed 2.

Perhaps the service is not registering the DTMF codes from the iPhone?

Does anyone else have this issue?

By contrast, later, when asked whether I'd like to wait in silence, press 1, it does register when I press 1, and I am able to be on hold in silence.

Cheers.

--Griff
Griff Derryberry
Mountain View, CA

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
--Margaret Mead, US anthropologist & popularizer of anthropology (1901 - 1978)
by virtualmike » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:38 pm
griffdb wrote:I try pressing and holding 2, thinking that maybe the tone duration is too short.
Most cells/smartphones don't vary the duration of the DTMF tone based on how long the "button" is pressed.

However, most do have an option in the settings to determine tone duration. My phone allows me to select "Normal" and "Longer."

I just tried testing with my phone, and the call was answered immediately by a rep, so I couldn't tell you if the tones on my phone are sufficient to remain waiting in the queue. :mrgreen:
2 posts Page 1 of 1