New computer won't connect to wifi through PACE router

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
7 posts Page 1 of 1
by Guest » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:33 pm

My company recently upgraded my laptop but my new laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad T450s) won't connect to my home wifi. It connects to the wifi at work and all other devices at home connect to our home wifi so it doesn't appear to be a general problem with the router.

My home wifi network appears in the list of available networks on my new laptop but when I select it and enter our password a popup appears that says it cannot connect and asks if I want to troubleshoot. I've tried resetting the router but it made no difference.

I travel a lot with work and frequently work from home so being able to connect to different wifi networks is really important so I'd really appreciate some help on what else I can try to fix the problem and get me back online!

Thanks in advance!
by dane » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:35 pm
What's the model number of the Sonic equipment in your home? It should appear on the front bezel of the device, or on the tag on the side or bottom.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Guest » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:07 pm
It's says 4111N
by dane » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:08 pm
Guest wrote:It's says 4111N
Interesting. FYI, that device is 2.4ghz, WiFi-N. Any chance your system is set up to only connect to 5ghz networks?
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Guest » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:32 am
I'm not sure! How do I find that out?!
by dane » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:42 am
Guest wrote:I'm not sure! How do I find that out?!
Actually, after sleeping on it I realize that's a wild goose chase, because you are seeing the SSID offered. I'm stumped! Click to request a support call, here: http://sonic.com/support
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by pockyken007 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:31 am
Hello Guest Guest .

Open command lien window and try these commands :

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
arp -d *
nbtstat -R
nbtstat -RR
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /registerdns