Not getting dial-tone at convenient telephone jack

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by shantanu » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:00 pm
Hi, I ordered Fusion service last week. My service became active on Thursday and I received my equipment next day on Friday. Unfortunately the telephone jack where I am getting signal/dial-tone is in my apartment hallway with no AC socket nearby. I was hoping to get signal at telephone jack where my cable co-ax was previously active, but that didn't work. I called CS to see what can be done, but they said it will take 14-days to send a technician and even then it's not guaranteed that it can be fixed. This leaves with me no option than to cancel service as I can't wait for 14 days to know if it can be fixed or not. :(

It's probably not Sonic's fault, but it's a frustrating experience. I wish there was an easy and efficient way to get service to the right telephone jack.
by wa2ibm » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:30 pm
If you're renting an apartment, it's the landlords duty to provide inside wiring maintenance. Unfortunately, the law only requires them to provide a single jack. However, if you speak to them nicely, you can probably have them hook up the jack that you'd like connected, provided there's already wiring from that jack to the DMARK. Give your landlord a call, it's worth a shot.
by shantanu » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:34 am
Well, the place where I got dial-tone is not giving any DSL/Internet connectivity. :(
by pockyken007 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:54 am
Most likely and this is just my guess the wiring at the mpoe is all screwy and whatever pair got connected doesn't correspond to the pair that you have in the jack that should be an easy fix for the tech unless you have wiring mess in there :P
4 posts Page 1 of 1