Connectivity issues

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
24 posts Page 1 of 3
by insane » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:22 am
Is anyone else having multiple random disconnects today or is it just me? My computer is normally always on and connected to various things continually on the internet like a TS (Team Speak) server, and I noticed when I got home there was multiple disconnects (Not just from TS). After being home for a while it started disconnecting again. Sometimes it would come back shortly, sometimes a bit longer, but it is quite frequent by my normally connected standards.

Additionally even when I was connected to "the internet," I was trying to come to Sonic.net to check forum posts to see if there were any other reports. However much of the time even the Sonic.net web page would not resolve. It would redirect to the gateway.pace.com/... but then the web page would not resolve. I even tried the IP for sonic.net I had saved.

Finally I was able to get on sonic.net as evident by my post here, but I just home the disconnects do not keep happening.

(side note, I definitely was connected to the modem/router then entire time, so it was specifically the broadband which was failing)
by Normandy » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:39 am
Yup, having similar issues.
by Guest » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:41 am
insane wrote:Is anyone else having multiple random disconnects today or is it just me?
No. I'm connected to my office workstation through VPN 24x7. It would help if you could state where you are. East Bay, FTTN subscriber here. Your gateway stats would show you better details.
by insane » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:47 am
Oakland, CA. I'm sure Sonic can look my IP up since I am logged in on my account here "insane"
by insane » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:52 am
One thing I did notice:

Rate Cap: 0 kbs
Attenuation @ 300kHz: 22.4 dB
Required Impulse Noise Protection: 0
Uncanceled Echo: 17.0 dB Suspicious - check phone filters and alarm
VCXO Frequency Offset: 0.0 ppm Ok
Final Receive Gain: 14.5 dB Ok
Excessive Impulse Noise: 0 Ok

I checked. Same as ever.
by amayfield » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:18 am
I took a look at your circuit and you've got a physical impairment / fault on the line somewhere, a ground or a short. This impairment is causing instability of connection and packet loss. The impairment can exist on the outside lines, on your internal wiring or be caused by a device plugged into your phone jack. I suggest you give Support a call to troubleshoot, track down where the impairment exists and schedule a dispatch if necessary.

There aren't any hold times right now, Support can be reached at 888.766.4233. We're here until 10pm.
Andrew M.
Community & Escalations Manager
Sonic
by ken » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:51 am
Yes, we have the same issue as well since this morning around 8AM.
we are in Albany.

rebooted the modem twice. All is good for about 5 min.
service indicator on the modem started flashing red.

rebooted for third time. connection is up right now. Hope it will hold till I get home and check.
by amayfield » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:55 am
Ken, If you PM your username I'll take a look at your account and see if I can't determine the source of your intermittent connectivity.
Andrew M.
Community & Escalations Manager
Sonic
by insane » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:54 pm
Actually I had some issues a while ago, and Sonic scheduled for an AT&T tech to come out. They were out and checked the circuit, in the home, in the apt. building, and at whatever terminal outside on this block and found nothing. AT&T tech insists if there is an issue it was on Sonic's end. Sonic thinks it is here. I don't know what to say. However issues mostly went away so I just left it. Now however, just starting yesterday while I was at work there was the multiple disconnects. Then when I was home from work and actually trying to do stuff. I eventually went to bed, and problem seemed to have stopped after I was sleeping. (no messages in TS to indicate I was disconnected). This morning it seemed "okay" before I went to work. However after returning home now there may have been some disconnects while I was away at work again, as I got messages in TS of reconnecting.

-insane
by insane » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:12 pm
FYI to anyone who reads this.

I disconnected again and I decided to call Sonic Support.

After speaking with them, they requested I disconnect from the phone jack, which I did. Then they had me disconnect my line at the apartment level downstairs, which I did. Apparently it is still an issue. Probably outside the apt. They are attempting to schedule an AT&T tech to check the line but it is going to be difficult with my weekday day work schedule, as they may not be able to enter the building.

-insane
24 posts Page 1 of 3