How can Sonic work without a jack?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
18 posts Page 1 of 2
by Charles Burch » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:51 pm
How can Sonic work without a jack?

Two months ago I ordered Sonic. I have no jack, service has not been installed, but I keep getting billed.

So the billing department is working. So that's good...

But I think the Public Utilities Commission will be interested to know that Sonic bills people for services they've never received.
by bobrk » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:33 pm
You didn't call them to find out when your install was?
by pockyken007 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:07 pm
they provided service to the premises ( they should have tested the signal so not sure why they didn't as that would point out the simple of fact of you not having a jack ) , the other point though one working jack is a responsibility of the landlord not sonic so you might want to bother your landlord about that .
by Guest » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:56 pm
Wireless is the future!
by Charles Burch » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:00 pm
Ah, the final icing on the cake! After not providing me with internet service for which I was charged, I cancelled. I received the following email from sonic:
Hello Charles,

We are sorry to hear you are cancelling your Fusion Services and Sonic Account.

Your Sonic.net Account cancellation request has been submitted as well as a scheduled disconnect of the Fusion services.

Fusion DSL Turn Downs for Sonic Cancellations take 5-7 business days to stop billing and you are responsible for paying services up to the stop billing date.

You will be asked to pay all dues related to your Fusion DSL services to the stop billing date before final cancellation is completed.

If you fail to pay for your services, you will be sent to a collections center for further payment requests, at your cost.

An Early Termination Fee of $149.00 will need to be paid also upon complete cancellation of the account.
I called Sonic Customer service to resolve the problem. I explained the situation to a CSR, who said he would check and get back to me.

At this point I have been on hold for 14 minutes.

Installation, billing, customer service... You guys to it all.

Prepare to be blasted on every consumer website I can find.
by Charles Burch » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:13 pm
Update:

After 16:38 on hold, I hung up. I called back, and explained to the next CSR exactly what I explained to the previous CSR, adding the fact that I was placed on hold for 16:38. He said that the previous CSR was still working on the problem (I have their names).

Customer service 101: Do not place a customer on hold for 15 minutes without getting back to them and let them know what is going on. I mean, how elementary is that?

I'll continue with more updates as the situation unfolds...
by thulsa_doom » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:38 am
It looks like the first rep got your voicemail when he tried to call you back. We try to always follow up when a call gets disconnected. The return label for your equipment was sent yesterday in the morning and your account turn-down is currently in-progress.
John Fitzgerald
Sonic Technical Support
by Charles Burch » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:28 am
And what about the $149 early termination fee for service that was never provided?
by Charles Burch » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:00 am
And putting someone on hold for over 15 minutes without getting back to them....that's acceptable under Sonic's definition of quality Customer Service?
by pockyken007 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:24 am
I would love to hear your explanation for ordering internet service and not having a jack in the house ... just saying
18 posts Page 1 of 2