Connection issue between TD-8817 modem and Asus TM-AC1900

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by michaelklin » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:03 pm
Modem: TP-Link TD-8817 version 6
Router: Asus TM-AC1900 Firmware:3.0.0.4.376

Issue: Router needs to be reconfigure after reboot in order to reconnect to the internet

Every time the router restarts (either I manually restart it or because changes in settings requires the router to reboot) the router will no longer connects to the internet. What I would need to do each and every time is factory reset both TD-8817 modem and Asus TM-AC1900 Router, reconfigure it whole thing over again.
First, I physically connect my computer to the modem (192.168.1.1) and set the modem connection to static ip address provided by Sonic. I then test internet connection on my computer to make sure it works. Then I connect the Asus router (default IP address:192.168.29.1) to the TP-Link modem and connect my computer to the router. I then set the router WAN Connection Type to "automatic IP" Internet will then work again however, I need to disable routing on the modem in order for my security cameras to work. So I log back into modem settings and change it to bridge mode and disable dhcp. Then change the router setting to static IP address, and fill in the necessary IP address, subnet, default gateway, Dns1 and Dns2. Note: after these changes I no longer able to access my modem settings page. I can then configure wireless settings and port forwarding for the cameras. Everything will work fine now until the next time the router restarts. As you can imagine, this is a pain every time the internet goes down. The router and modem should be able to reconnect itself after it reboots. I know I must have configure something wrong but I don't know where. Please help, thanks.
by Guest » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:50 pm
Anybody has suggestion I can try to resolve this aggregating issue?
2 posts Page 1 of 1