Any improvements to performance?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by returning customer? » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:59 pm
For a former customer, will I still be stuck at 6Mbps today if I switched back to Fusion?

Based on existing discussions, it sounds like the distance restrictions have not changed much. I live in the Jackson Triangle neighborhood in Hayward, CA and 6Mbps was the best Sonic could do for me at the time. Going x2 was not worth the price for 12Mbps when other services can provide faster speeds for the same price (customer support quality is a different topic).
by dane » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:23 pm
Best bet would be to check the website with your address and see what it indicates. Click here and qualify the address: http://sonic.com/
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by returning customer » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:45 pm
Pre-qualification says that the Fusion FTTN at 20Mbps is available for me which sounds like a different service than what I originally signed up for years ago. Since fiber is involved, are you leveraging the Uverse infrastructure for Fusion FTTN?

I currently have Uverse 18Mbps which I was planning to upgrade to 24Mbps if it is still available after I cancel TV service. I am hoping that achieving between 18-20Mbps should be achieveable? Will I also be able to get Fusion FTTN x2 though it was not listed?
by returning customer » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:13 pm
I called the sales dept at the 1-888 number and, if Sonic can achieve 20Mbps (or possibly more), I am seriously considering replacing Uverse.

Unfortunately, I can't get x2 at this time. But if x2 was available, I would be placing the order tonight for certain.
by Guest » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:47 pm
returning customer wrote:I called the sales dept at the 1-888 number and, if Sonic can achieve 20Mbps (or possibly more), I am seriously considering replacing Uverse.

Unfortunately, I can't get x2 at this time. But if x2 was available, I would be placing the order tonight for certain.
From an infrastructure perspective you're not replacing U-verse. Sonic is purchasing the product wholesale and reselling it to you. But you won't get U-verse VoIP, Sonic will provide a separate ATA for that. Your line will probably be overprovisioned to 23 Mbps.
by returning customer? » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:47 pm
Regardless of the technical details, I am leaning towards coming back as a Sonic customer. I am going to call 1-888 to make sure that the installation can be still done on the unused copper that my former Fusion service was installed on.

This way I can keep Uverse TV and have 100% of my bandwidth available through Sonic now.
6 posts Page 1 of 1