What's up with the VPN?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by dukeofur » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:45 pm
I just tried to use the VPN from my Windows PC, first I tried the OpenVPN one, which I did have working great, but now not so much. Next I tried the Cisco one, and was promptly disconnected. 9/10/15 7:45 PM
by kgc » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:17 pm
Can you be more specific w/regards to issues with the OpenVPN service? Did you receive an error message? If so, what was it?
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by dukeofur » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:32 pm
Unfortunately, at the point I don't remember what the error message was. I remembered at the time. I've used it successfully since then, so I'm just thinking it was a fluke.
by m2m3 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:49 pm
I've noticed some problems within the last week. With my main laptop and desktop, I have had to do a repair openvpn via control panel both in Windows 7 and 10. At startup, openvpn shows no servers found until I repair it. Running Yosemite (Mac) on the same machines, I don't normally have a connection issue. Sometimes, I do simultaneously have problems on both, but mainly, I have it on Windows. I also have Linux Mint 17.2 on my machines, but haven't loaded openvpn on them to find out if I have the same problem. Maybe, I should test it too. There seems to be something funky going on. I didn't have these issues before. a week ago. Note that I have reinstalled all OSes and software to my desktop within the last week; but, since my laptop has not changed, that removes the new reinstall as the culprit.
4 posts Page 1 of 1