MySQL migration issue: lock tables

Web hosting discussion, programming, and shared and dedicated servers.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
by pv » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:17 pm
Hello,
I issued the backupdb command as instructed, entered my password upon request, and got this:

mysqldump: Got error: 1044: Access denied for user 'tornado5_0-admin'@'%' to database 'tornado5_0' when using LOCK TABLES

Nothing that my ilk can comprehend, or know the slightest about trying to get around...so I'm looking for a little assist here.

TIA,
-Peeter
by williamt » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:33 pm
after mysqldump add --skip-lock-tables
Sr. Systems Administrator @ sonic.net
by pv » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:47 am
would you please write out the entire command containing the insert, verbatim. This will save head-scratching.

Thanks again.
by williamt » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:39 am
I added it to our wiki but here it is also.

Code: Select all

mysqldump --skip-lock-tables -u YOUR_DATABASE_USERNAME -h YOUR_DATABASE_HOSTNAME -p YOUR_DATABASE_NAME > backup.sql
by pv » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:10 pm
This is what I get when I try your line:

$ mysqldump --skip-locks-tables -u tornado5_0-admin -h custsql.sonic.net -p tornado5_0 > backup.sql
mysqldump: unknown option '--skip-locks-tables'

What to do now? Hardly any time remaining, looks like I'll just have to trust this migration to be a non-issue...

Clarification of what is not right with this line would be fine, for the record and all...seems like I'm the only one interested.
by pv » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:22 pm
OK, I see the keystroke error in your (and the WIKIs) example: it should be "lock-tables", not "locks-tables". Works fine when that error is eliminated.
by williamt » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:46 am
Thanks for catching my typo.
7 posts Page 1 of 1