Getting Wifi Protected Setup (WPS) worknig

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by fogpuppy » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:56 pm
Has anyone been successful getting WPS to work in pushbutton mode on the pace 5168. I've tried setting the right stuff in the gateway UI but so far no joy. Does anyone know if this ever works. Not having it is making it hard for me to setup my Wifi Bridge properly.
by virtualmike » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:45 pm
Pace 5168N? Yes. I enabled it in the settings to be able to add my HP wireless printer/scanner.

For the "PIN/Pushbutton" dropdown, I used "Pushbutton." Once I'd "Set WPS," I pushed the button on the front of the unit and told my printer to go ahead and connect.

Once it reported it was online, I disabled WPS.
by fogpuppy » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:23 am
Hmmm ... I do exactly what you say but when I press the WPS button on the front of my router I get no lights and it does not work. In addition not mater what I set it to it goes back to PIN after I het "submit/save." Any thoughts anyone?
by virtualmike » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:42 pm
Yes, after you click "Set WPS" in that section, the PIN/Pushbutton dropdown will return to PIN. However, as long as you switched it to "Pushbutton" before you clicked "Set WPS," then it will be in pushbutton mode.

When I enable WPS and press the button, I see a green blinking LED next to the button.
by fogpuppy » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:40 am
Hmmm ... my 5168N does not have a green LED next to the WPS button. Maybe a different version? Mine looks like this image here https://wiki.sonic.net/images/thumb/2/2 ... e5168n.png. The one time I got it to work was in PIN mode then the while WPS button flashed blue (I think) but ... I can't even get PIN mode to work now.
by fogpuppy » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:24 am
Never mind ... I figured it out. For some reason I kept reading the checkbox to enable WPS backwards. My Bad.
6 posts Page 1 of 1