Sonic.net Fusion dropped from 6mbps to 0.20-1mbps

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by aelshako » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:41 am
Hey, Recently my sonic.net Fusion(8270 ft from CO) speed has dropped drastically, I was running around 5-6mbps for months then all of a sudden my speed starting slowing down, first down to 3mbps then later down to 2.5mbps, then its been moving around 0.20mbps and 1mbps. I have tried to reset my ip, and I even tried to reset my Pace Modem to factory defaults, all to no avail. I am very curious as to why my speed has suddenly dropped. I can no longer watch Youtube or stream Netflix, this has been ongoing for about 1 month, getting worse every single day.

Thanks
by mjcunnin » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:55 am
Have you called sonic support? They can monitor a lot of stuff on your line and your modem right from the office
by m2m3 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:32 am
Call Sonic. Sometimes ATT may inadvertently alter or weaken the line/circuit while working on others. Line conditioning by ATT may be required. This is, of course, to be considered if Sonic determines that it is not an issue within their jurisdiction.
by aelshako » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:55 pm
Thanks for the replies guys, I called Sonic.net support and spoke to Nick, he ran some tests on the line and was able to bring my speed up to 4.5mbps, furthermore he found out that I have a failing splitter, and I will be receiving it on Tuesday. Great customer support, feeling very satisfied :)
4 posts Page 1 of 1