Switching to Comcast?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
35 posts Page 1 of 4
by allenwoo » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:51 pm
I was with Sonic for a long time in anticipation of True Fiber. Now 5 years later and I don't have FTTN or True Fiber. I am paying $70 ( Fusion x2) and barely get 10Mbs and a phone line that I barely use. I do love Sonic and really want to stay but Comcast can offer me 250 Mbs for $70 with 2 years contract. If Sonic will not have Fiber in 2 year, I am seriously thinking of switching. By the way, I live in outer sunset at 41st Ave and Ortega.
by dane » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:19 am
That neighborhood is in engineering stage now. If your address is on 41st, fiber will be there soon.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by allenwoo » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:48 am
Thanks Dane, Will it take 2 more years to complete?
by dane » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:34 am
allenwoo wrote:Thanks Dane, Will it take 2 more years to complete?
No, it should be six to nine months. Depends upon some pole make ready work where timing is not fully within our control, so it's impossible to be precise.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by allenwoo » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:42 am
Thanks Again. So, if I go to comcast now and will it take longer to have fiber set up to my house due to I am no longer Sonic customer? I mean I will come back as soon as there is Sonic Fiber.
by dane » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:47 am
allenwoo wrote:Thanks Again. So, if I go to comcast now and will it take longer to have fiber set up to my house due to I am no longer Sonic customer? I mean I will come back as soon as there is Sonic Fiber.
Yes, we'd generally work to migrate all Fusion customers before we take on new members. There may be cost advantages for current members too. Plus you'd have the Comcast early term fee.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by allenwoo » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:08 am
When you start signing up customer with fiber in sunset? My parents also have sonic now and they are on 37th and Lawton. Good news for them is they have FTTN and I don't.
by pockyken007 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:14 am
I can't wait to get FTTH at m y location although I am perfectly happy with the FTTN :P
by rmoniz » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:40 am
I continue to remain loyal to Sonic, but I kick myself daily for doing so. Sonic was my first ISP, and even when I had to leave I kept my email accounts until I could return. Sometimes, Sonic doesn't offer the right mix, but they eventually will.
by pockyken007 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:10 pm
I have been with ATT long long time ago then they did data caps and I never looked back for me it was sonic all the way since that day ... till death do us part !
35 posts Page 1 of 4