How do I setup email for me only?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by kell12 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:40 am
I have an email account under my wife's account and want to rid myself of inbound mail that is intended for her. I'm using Windows Live Mail as my client. Thanks for any and all replies! HNLute@sonic.net
by virtualmike » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:33 pm
Not quite sure what you're asking for. Do you mean you need a separate mailbox? If so, your wife can create one through Member Tools.

If you have a separate mailbox and you're getting your wife's email in it, then either she has misconfigured something, or people are mailing directly to you.
by kell12 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:49 pm
Yes I am getting my wife's email in my inbox...how do I change her settings to prevent this? I already have an email address on her account. Thank you!
by virtualmike » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:35 pm
Without being able to see how she set up the mailboxes, it's near impossible to tell you how to prevent it. That would be like my asking you to tell me why my dishwasher isn't working.

Are both mailboxes on the sonic.net domain? Is it possible that she set up forwarding on her account to send the email to yours? As I asked before, could some people be using your email address thinking it will go to her?

If you and she can't figure it out, the best bet is to call Support (with the master account ID/password).
4 posts Page 1 of 1