Recent drop in Fusion DSL speed in SF Sunset

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by ggladsto » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:40 pm
I have been a sonic DSL user for many years. When they switched me to ADSL2+ a bunch of years ago I was able to get an extremely reliable download speed of about 16Mbps. Just this week I have noticed speeds starting to drop, averaging around 9Mbps max download speed (measured from things like speedtest.net and also command line FTP download of 10-20MB files from my sonic home dir to my machine).

I have multiple TP-Link 8616 modems (which have both always worked fine acheiving 16+Mbps) that both are only getting ~9Mbits now. I have also isolated my setup to just one device at a time connected to the LAN and consistently get 9Mbits using any one device.

Seems like a pretty sudden large drop in speed... This is in the middle Sunset district (19th ave) in San Francisco.

Any ideas?
by dane » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:46 pm
Ideas? Yep, call support! http://sonic.net/support/cba click for call.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Guest » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:48 am
ggladsto wrote:I have been a sonic DSL user for many years. When they switched me to ADSL2+ a bunch of years ago I was able to get an extremely reliable download speed of about 16Mbps. Just this week I have noticed speeds starting to drop, averaging around 9Mbps max download speed
The same thing happened to my parents' Fusion subscription. They noticed it around 6 months ago and recently the modem was constantly retraining. The behavior that pointed to AT&T copper was whenever they were on the phone, I would not get a busy signal until 5-10 seconds after I finished dialing. So AT&T was dispatched and told us the drop had corroded. Probably a similar thing has happened to your pair(s).
3 posts Page 1 of 1