Fiber in Evergreen San Jose ??

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
7 posts Page 1 of 1
by adudyala@gmail.com » Mon May 18, 2015 7:59 pm
Hi Dane,

We are having serious access issues in San Jose (Evergreen Area - 95135). The speeds are intermittant. Can you provide us an update about when to expect Fiber availability here.

Several of my friends have left the service and my patience is also wearing thin.

-Amar.
by steelgaze » Mon May 18, 2015 9:12 pm
It's a long wait. It's not on the top 10 list.
by Guest » Tue May 19, 2015 5:14 pm
I live in the same area and connection is completely fine for me.
by adame » Thu May 21, 2015 4:20 pm
adudyala@gmail.com wrote:We are having serious access issues in San Jose (Evergreen Area - 95135). The speeds are intermittant.
Can I help move the troubleshooting process along? I think the last troubleshooting step we recommended was trying a different modem. I can arrange for us to send one, if you'd prefer that. Or if you've already tried that and it didn't fix the problem, we can move on to the next step.
Adam Martinetti
Customer Experience Manager
Sonic.
by Guest » Sat May 23, 2015 10:47 am
I'm also in Evergreen and I'm done with the slow speeds from Sonic. I was getting 1.5 Mbps down and 11K away from the CO. I went with DSLEXtreme Trustream 12Mbps service. Getting 18Mbps from their 12 Mbps service for $38 for the last 8 months. So, over 10 times faster at a much lower price. Never even needed to use customer support. It just works. If Evergreen is not a priority as it doesn't seem to be, then just walk away. Yeah, the service is good, but why bother, when there are much better competing services at a much lower price point
by Guest » Thu May 28, 2015 10:15 pm
Hi,

I have already changed the modem. This is a new one. It is still flaky. With the change of modem
the speeds have improved marginally. I do hope that you can provide us with some other solution for Evergreen customers if you do not plan on upgrading to fiber in the near future.

I am running out of patience. I may have to check the other service "DSLExtreme" as another member on the forum suggested. I will try to reach out tomorrow for service support.

-Amar.
by theUser » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:31 pm
If you're 11k feet away and DSLExtreme is offering you TruStream, then you can probably already get FTTN through Sonic. Have you tried calling them?
7 posts Page 1 of 1