Phone number switchback time frame.

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by John » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:17 pm
I read on the service signup page that I would get a new phone number when I order the fusion service but I can request a switch back to our existing number. How much time delay are we talking about. Let's say the new number goes into effect the day that your service is activated. How many day will it take to switch back to your old phone number? Thanks.
by wa2ibm » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:31 pm
When I switched my AT&T phone (with Covad DSL riding on it) over to Fusion, they switched the phone number and broadband service at the same time. It took less than half an hour for the switch to occur. I switched to bonded service, so Sonic had AT&T drop a second pair to the NID beforehand. That second line got a new phone number of its own.
by John » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:39 pm
I currently have 2 line with ATT and when I went through the 2Line signup. It assign me a new number for both. There was a dialog box that said something about being able to switch back to your old number but did not have any info on how long it will take.

Were you assign a new number for you existing ATT line when you signed up?
by wa2ibm » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:53 pm
No, my existing ATT line was transferred over to Fusion line one at the time of the install. I didn't have a second ATT line at the time, so got a new number for the new pair.

I have a friend who I'm working on getting to move to Fusion, and he has two existing ATT lines to switch, so I'll be interested in how this works out for you.
by dane » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:56 pm
John wrote:I currently have 2 line with ATT and when I went through the 2Line signup. It assign me a new number for both. There was a dialog box that said something about being able to switch back to your old number but did not have any info on how long it will take.

Were you assign a new number for you existing ATT line when you signed up?
You should sign up using the existing numbers - not your address - and we'll switch them and keep the same wiring, all at once.

Cases where this is not possible include numbers on Comcast and U-Verse.

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by John » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:57 pm
Ah. That could be it. I will re-do the signup process using my primary phone number. Thanks.
6 posts Page 1 of 1