link for Sonic DSL plans?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
22 posts Page 1 of 3
by Sonic User » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:20 am
My Sonic (ATT) DSL promo pricing will be ending soon, and I need to see if there are any other options for me in order to stay with Sonic. There's still no Fusion service available at my address, and I can't find the the web page with the DSL options and current pricing. Anyone know what the link is? Anyone been able to get an extension of their promo DSL pricing ($14.95/mo)? I don't think I can stay if the price for the slowest DSL is around $45/mo.
by dane » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:38 am
The old ADSL services are no longer offered. Expect soon a migration message from us, where we will be offering you a Fusion-like product, bundled with phone service. Hold on for a couple months!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by randycat » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:44 am
what about up here in Eureka?
by Guest » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:45 am
randycat wrote:what about up here in Eureka?
What he said.
by wa2ibm » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:26 am
AT&T has been migrating their own customers from legacy DSL to their U-Verse platform, primarily to allow them to "retire" their older equipment. About the only customers on the old equipment are wholesale customers of other ISPs such as Sonic. Those wholesale ISPs are now working with AT&T to migrate to the new platforms.

Have you received any sales calls or mailings from AT&T indicating availability of their U-Verse product? If so, and you currently have Sonic ADSL via AT&T, expect a communication from Sonic for the switch-over.
by dane » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:27 am
Guest wrote:
What he said.
Expansion of all of the products is driven by interest in each market, so prequalify on the website and be sure to provide your contact info.

That said, no near-term plans for Eureka at this time, sorry.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by wresnick » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:33 am
The implication of "Fusion-like" is that it's not Fusion, which would make sense in areas where it's not offered, and that we aren't going to hear anything about it until it's announced, because that's what announcing it means.

But that does bring me around to the question of feasibility of ever offering fiber in my area. The new website says to promote it. I live in an area with private streets, a homeowner's association, 353 homes, the RTUs on our common property, and the HOA and not the city having the say as to whether anybody can dig up streets to install anything. Is it within the realm of possibility that areas like mine would be candidates? I would think that even if a city went along with it, it would not be a given that my neighborhood would get it anyway since the city doesn't own our streets, so it would always come down to dealing with areas like mine privately.
by wresnick » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:23 pm
wa2ibm wrote: AT&T has been migrating their own customers from legacy DSL to their U-Verse platform, primarily to allow them to "retire" their older equipment. About the only customers on the old equipment are wholesale customers of other ISPs such as Sonic. Those wholesale ISPs are now working with AT&T to migrate to the new platforms.

Have you received any sales calls or mailings from AT&T indicating availability of their U-Verse product? If so, and you currently have Sonic ADSL via AT&T, expect a communication from Sonic for the switch-over.
Does that mean that it's likely that the feature set that I will be offered will be similar to what AT&T offers now? AT&T is cagey about their offerings and always has been. These days they don't even mention what upload speeds are included. It took me a very long time to get them to acknowledge what their 20 features are that come with voice service and it took being passed from one person to another to get even that.

They currently offer me their U-verse Max package at 12Mbps, so I assume that Sonic would have the same high speed minus overhead but without excuses.
by dane » Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:53 pm
Private property controlled by an HOA does not preclude deployment, as long as the HOA is interested in seeing it happen.

Regarding the ATT resale product, it will be packaged like Fusion: unlimited and uncapped, up to 20Mbps, including unlimited nationwide phone service, for $40 monthly. And both of the products will get an "X2" add-on option for +$20 additional that will offer a doubling in link speed.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by wresnick » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:53 pm
dane wrote:Private property controlled by an HOA does not preclude deployment, as long as the HOA is interested in seeing it happen.
In that case, would it be considered independently of whether the city got it elsewhere?
22 posts Page 1 of 3