bond more than two fusion lines?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
8 posts Page 1 of 1
by aberk » Fri May 27, 2011 6:46 pm
Does anyone know of a way to bond more than two fusion lines? A load balancing router is nice for big offices with lots of small demand users but we just need more upload speed for single users. Ethernet isn't an option as the expense can't be justified, ie, this is a want more than it is a need.

thanks!
adam
by virtualmike2 » Sat May 28, 2011 12:42 am
Have you looked into enabling Annex M?
by aberk » Sat May 28, 2011 9:13 am
Yup. We've got Annex-M enabled. Getting around 18~19 Mbps down and 2.9 Mbps up. If we could double that with more lines, would be awesome.
by paulbarwick » Sat May 28, 2011 12:20 pm
I'm certainly no expert, but I have come across this subject on occasion in my reading on the Internets. It seems to me that talk of bonding more than 2 lines together here in the States has always referred, in my reading, to dealing with T-1 lines. On the other hand, in England there are ISPs who offer to bond up to 8 ADSL lines. It might be cheaper in the long run just to move to my neighborhood. 36 Mbps with bonded Fusion, about a block and a half from the Central Office at Otis and McCoppin in SF. (http://www.flickr.com/photos/estify/5593853429/)
by aberk » Sat May 28, 2011 12:54 pm
Ha, for sure. Moving isn't an option either. Sonic has been really great service wise, reliability wise, etc. Really, one of the best experiences I've had with an ISP. But we're now dealing with transferring 10GB and up packages of files quite regularly and our upstream is just becoming inconvenient.
by dane » Sat May 28, 2011 2:53 pm
Currently no plans to offer Fusion with more than two lines bonded. The main issue behind this is that there is no G.Bond CPE which we've found that supports more than two lines.

We do have plans to offer a new asymmetric business product to compliment our current symmetric FlexLink line which will offer four, eight or twelve bonded pairs, plus FlexLink voice (analog voice ports, or PRI.) We expect to launch the product late this year.

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by dane » Sat May 28, 2011 2:55 pm
Oh, and I should point out that FlexLink would be the best fit for this today, offering 1.5 to 30Mbps symmetric (download and upload) speed. Details here: http://sonic.net/sales/flexlink/

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Andrew » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:17 pm
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm wondering if this service was every launched.

Thanks!

-Andrew
dane wrote:Currently no plans to offer Fusion with more than two lines bonded. The main issue behind this is that there is no G.Bond CPE which we've found that supports more than two lines.

We do have plans to offer a new asymmetric business product to compliment our current symmetric FlexLink line which will offer four, eight or twelve bonded pairs, plus FlexLink voice (analog voice ports, or PRI.) We expect to launch the product late this year.

-Dane
8 posts Page 1 of 1