Fusion Mobile App

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
76 posts Page 5 of 8
by dane » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:44 am
aliceabar wrote:I just tried. When I click download I get a black screen with a crossed out arrow. When I click listen it does nothing. It says I need Flash or Java.
Is this what happens when you access the Member tools via your browser on your phone, or the Voicemail folder in your email app on your phone?
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by aliceabar » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:16 pm
I get the voicemail folder on ipad, but cannot get the voicemail. Then I get blank black screen. Also on iphone. So voicemail folder is useless except to see the list of phone calls.
What are your thoughts on keeping Fusion App for the "100?"
by frimicc » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:45 pm
The app definitely has some issues, I'll agree.

I'm curious what you mean when you say you're discontinuing it, though:
* Are you removing it from the App Store? (I assume "yes".)
* Are you disabling the server-side API?
* Are you forcibly logging users of the app out of their accounts?

If you could, say, leave the server-side API running for a while longer, then those 100 of us who already have the app could continue to use it, until we get switched to fiber, but no one else could get the app, so you wouldn't have any new users to worry about.

Is there any chance of releasing the source code for the app to an interested third-party who could make updates to it?

Where can we see a list of when particular cities will likely be able to get fiber access?

Thanks for having an open conversation about this! I love Sonic for that as much as for anything else.
by polly » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:26 pm
i'm another of the 100who will miss the app which i use to see who has called my home phone. new process is much less convenient.
by pdessart » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:22 pm
Another of the 100.

I, too, would prefer to have an unsupported app which worked until the server died (sort of like what you did with Usenet support). (And I must say that I don't have the impression of the current app as being at all buggy...)

I already have voicemails delivered into my email, but having a notification of an email on my cell phone (which I often ignore for a while) is no substitute for having an alert pop up from the Sonic app).

But the biggest reason why I use the app is to allow me to delete messages right away. I can tell you that without that capability being just a click away after listening, I will never get around to deleting messages (nor will my wife).

So, in deciding how much you'll save by pulling the plug on the app, bear in mind that there will be some cost (however small) in increased storage as those of us who manage messages via the app move to merely listening via email.

Finally, regardless what you decide to do with the app, may I suggest an enhancement to email delivery as follows:

I'd love to see a link in the email which allowed me to mark a message for deletion. Note that I do not want to be taken to the member website and required to login & interact (although I'd like to have each email contain a link for that as well). While I realize that deleting messages without a login wouldn't be prudent, I'm asking whether it's possible to simply set a flag via an email link. Then, at some later time, when I have the time to interact with my voicemail inbox I would click the other link in the email (or otherwise navigate to my voicemail inbox on the Sonic member site). Once logged in, I'd see a list of all my messages - some of which had checks next to them as queued for deletion. After looking over the list, I could uncheck any of these and/or check additional messages before clicking "Delete Selected."

Whatever you decide to do, I remain a loyal customer and supporter of Sonic (with or without ".net" :) )...

Peter
by draggett » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:12 pm
I'm another of the 100. I just found out today that this app is being discontinued today. I don't remember receiving any notification from Sonic that this was going to happen. I don't get many voicemails but use the Fusion app on my iPad 2 running iOS8 when I do get one. I don't find it buggy for just listening to the VMs. I'm disappointed that you are dropping the app.
by Kramos » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:39 pm
Count me as another one of the 100. I used the app all the time. As people said before, the ability to delete a message immediately was useful. I can't do that with the email/text notifications. Quite disappointed!
by Cynthia » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:14 am
It would have been nice to have been informed about this discontinued service. I too use the app as a fowarding device to my cell phone which has been extremely helpful. Since those calls go to my cell voicemail they wouldn't show up as being playbacks on the app. Perhaps one of the reasons it wasn't used more frequently is because it wasn't really advertised to your customers. I too would ask you to reconsider the discontinuation of the app.

Thanks!
by Mary » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:51 am
Agree, and disappointed. Why not just keep the app going until its not of use and a new app comes out? Not often you see a company discontinue a service without replacing it.

I am one of the iOS users who has regularly relied on the app (without any problems) to tell me if I even have a voice mail. In fact, I didn't find out about the app being discontinued until I tried to use it last week while on the road. Not good! Then, when I contacted support, I was told I can always call my number and press * to log into vmail. But, that means I have to do this every X hours in order to find out if there was even a call. I purposely installed sonic for this purpose. I travel a lot, and use my mobile for everything. But, I can no longer use for sonic which is hugely disappointing.

Visual vmail -- and not on a clunky website that is not responsive to different devices and does not work on iPhones (yes you cannot play vmails through the website on an iPhone) is not an alternative.
by Ken » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:24 pm
And yet another of the disappointed 100. Figured it couldn't hurt to let Sonic know that a solid percentage of the people who were using the app are disappointed enough to track down that it was discontinued and not replaced (that took me 30 minutes), and then to come to the forum and take the time to comment.

Didn't find out until I tried to use the app today that it was going away. I'm a rural customer who switched to Sonic for the Bonded DSL service, we're not going to be getting fiber where I'm located either, so no apps for me.
76 posts Page 5 of 8