Pace IPv6 Settings

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
15 posts Page 1 of 2
by timdoyle » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:28 am
We have recently upgraded our systems to allow IPv6 6RD configuration on Pace 4111N's via Membertools, for Fusion services.

After logging into Membertools, this feature can be found in the menu under Internet Connections->Fusion IPv6 Tool.
You will see the current status of IPv6 on the device, and you will be prompted to enable/disable IPv6.
If you have multiple services you'll be shown a list which lets you select the address of the modem you would like to configure.

IPv6 6RD configuration via this tool is currently available for single line Fusion service.
by kyle.depasquale » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:58 pm
Hmm, I seem to be having some trouble getting it to work. It doesn't show the service address when I go to the IPv6 settings, and the enable IPv6 button doesn't do anything.
by adame » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:00 am
Thanks for the report. I'm seeing the same thing. I've asked our Ops staff to take a look. Something may be wrong with the tool at the moment.
Adam Martinetti
Customer Experience Manager
Sonic.
by timdoyle » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:43 am
Kyle, please try your configuration change again, the tool should now properly detect your modem.
by kyle.depasquale » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:39 pm
Looks like it's working now!

Thanks!
by Guest » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:07 am
Just enabled this and it seems to be working fine (after restarting the Pace), except this little bit:
Our tests show that you will may have MTU problems with IPv6; this can cause web sites to load slow (or not at all) when web sites enable IPv6.
http://test-ipv6.com/

IPv6 browsing works just fine.
by dane » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:03 pm
I'd be interested to hear if others report MTU test issues. For those who've elected to turn on IPv6 support in the Member Tool, let us know!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by cpride » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:43 pm
Do the Pace 5168N modems have support for IPv6?
by dane » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:47 pm
cpride wrote:Do the Pace 5168N modems have support for IPv6?
Yes, but it hasn't yet been rolled out to these devices. We're pushing a set of updates through for these that focuses on bug fixes first, then feature additions such as IPv6 will come next.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by abfeldman » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:57 pm
I have also enabled IPv6 ready. First problem is I cannot figure out how to configure firewall via the PACE 4111N-030 modem. Does this mean that the whole IPv6 network is wide-open? Not a big problem because I have an extra IPv6 firewall on each host but...

The second problem is with the MTU. When I go to http://test-ipv6.com/ it tells me I have problems with large packets.

The third problem is that traceroute from my Linux hosts does not work. Seems like a modem ping6 firewall issue.

Browsing works fine.

I cannot believe that this is not working. Worked like a charm with my previous provider in The Netherlands (XS4ALL).
15 posts Page 1 of 2