Port a mobile number from Sprint

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by mpreilly » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:55 am
I hope that I will be able to port my number from Sprint in a month's time, when my contract with them is up. I need some guidance on my phone plans.

Early Oct:
1. port cell # to be my sonic number
2. My only phones will be home sonic line (with current cell #) and a google voice number or some VOIP number maybe for wifi calls on an iPad mini when away from home. Does Sonic have any plans for a VOIP to augment the land line, that integrate the two nicely?
3. What advice would you give a guy who's about to ditch having a cell phone after carrying one for 20 years? I'm not going about all wrong, am I?

Thanks for any help you're able to give. I hope it will even be possible to port the number, there's time to plan.
-Michael
Yours,
by virtualmike » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:39 pm
Personally, I would advise to port the Sprint # to Google Voice. That lets you keep the same "primary" number, but you can direct it to any number in the U.S., including your Sonic.net landline, VOIP lines, and even a cell phone should you get another one in the future.

If you port it to Sonic.net, then you may have to port it again in the future if you should move to another area.

Also, you can only port it if your landline is located in same rate center as the cell phone. For example, if your cell phone is a San Francisco number and you live in Oakland, Sonic.net can't port it to your line. Even if you live in the same town as your cell's number, it may be in a different rate center. A cell number from the SF Financial District cannot be ported to a line located in the Richmond.
by mpreilly » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:33 am
Thank you very much. That sounds like good advice to follow.
Yours,