My Sonic landline ID shows as Unavailable

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
17 posts Page 1 of 2
by dragonsclaw » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:20 am
Is there any known reason why the CID shows as Unavailable on Metro PCS?
My CID # works to Tracfone (my cell carrier)
by aw » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:14 am
Curious to the answer to this as well, as sometime within the past couple weeks, my mother's Sonic.net landline started showing as Unavailable on my T-Mobile phone. Sonic told her it's nothing wrong with them and that her caller-ID showed up just fine to them.
by polpo » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:55 pm
Yep, noticed this too. I'm also on T-Mobile.
by timjackson » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:19 am
CNAM services on wireless are generally provided by a company called Cequint and their service called NameID/CityID. Cequint generally does a real CNAM query to the appropriate database to provide this calling name information, and should be able to provide accurate info. If they aren't I'd suggest you open a ticket with Cequint about this (I can't do that since we're not a Cequint customer).

https://cequint.zendesk.com/home

http://www.cequint.com/index.php/products/
by aw » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:27 pm
Just for clarification, the problem is not that it's just not showing a Caller ID name. The actual caller ID number is not showing either, the only thing it says is "Unavailable"
by dragonsclaw » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:56 pm
aw wrote:Just for clarification, the problem is not that it's just not showing a Caller ID name. The actual caller ID number is not showing either, the only thing it says is "Unavailable"
That is exactly what my friend reports.
FWIW Tracfone only displays the number unless it finds a (users) phonebook entry
by musicalfruit » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:08 am
I'm having this problem too. My Fusion line appears as "Unknown" on my TMobile line, which is a PITA.

It used to work just fine. What changed recently?

It wasn't clear from timjackson's links exactly what the solution is. Am I suppose to open a ticket with Cequint providing them my Sonic.net Fusion phone number and name so they can enter it into their database? Shouldn't Sonic be sending TMobile the phone # during the call at the very least?
by timjackson » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
For any issues with Fusion not showing the calling number to mobile, please PM me some outbound call examples within the past 3-4 days and I can take a look at this.
by dragonsclaw » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:03 am
How do you do a PM on this board.

I am logged in, when I click on your name, all I can see is your profile and can't enter anything under Contact
by dragonsclaw » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:20 am
I must not qualify (I had clicked your name on the right before)
I get this message:
We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more to be able to use this feature.
I have been registered for quite a while (many months)
17 posts Page 1 of 2