FAX issues

Advanced feature discussion, beta programs and unsupported "Labs" features.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by Karen » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:30 pm
OK, I love sonic but this fax mess really needs to be straightened out. Why bother offering a service that is non-functioning? and not supported. You call for help and are told to come to the community forum to get the answers. The only answers I have found are other people complaining and the suggesting that the sender's fax machine isn't on the correct resolution for a clear fax. I have had at least 3 different faxes from 3 different fax machines not come through in the past couple of weeks - every one has poor resolution?

I also just tried to send a fax - twice and it failed both times. It was a simple two page PDF. What is the problem now??

Don't ruin your reputation by offering an inferior, non-functioning service.
by cdkeen » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:16 pm
Full disclosure: Labs products are in the labs section because they may not function 100% of the time. That being said we do attempt to address problems and issues with these products, but to do so we need specific and current information to investigate. If you log in as your sonic.net user (instead of as a guest) we can correlate that with your fax-line or send-a-fax service, and if you provide date/time information we can use that to investigate the problems and then improve the tools. We do not retain internal logs for longer than 2 weeks which is why if you wait to report a problem we may no longer have relevant information to examine.
cdkeen - Sonic.net System Operations
2 posts Page 1 of 1