I just signed up for Sonic.net Fusion and I need help

Fusion Voice service, features and help.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
by Ahmed » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:08 pm
Hello, I just recently signed up for Sonic.net Fusion and I received the message below , and I was wondering if this will be free or if I will be charged. I don't think that I should be responsible for any charges as I was told that the installation will be completely free.

We have discovered UVERSE on Telephone Number 415-***-****. When AT&T upgrades a land line to UVERSE, they make physical changes to that line that are irreversible and prevent us from porting the number directly. We can still port the number, we just have to do it a different way.

We are provisioning a new land line to your location and once that new line is active, the telephone number will port to the new line automatically. DO NOT cancel the telephone number with your current provider until AFTER the telephone number has completed porting over to the new line.

There is only one installation with the new land line. We scheduled for AT&T to deliver the copper pairs to your phone box for your Fusion service on Thursday June 5, 2014 between 8am-12pm. Someone over the age of 18 will need to be available to assist the tech in getting access to your phone box. If your phone box IS publicly accessible (meaning the technician does not have to walk through a gate or a door to gain access) then no one will need to be there for this appointment.

AT&T does NOT guarantee their windows and could arrive anywhere between 8am-8pm. Also, it is possible that the tech may be able to complete their work remotely, which means the tech may not need to physically go to your location for this appointment.

If you need to reach us, simply reply to this email or give us a call. Customer/Technical Support can be reached at 707-547-3400 Monday-Friday between 6am-11pm and Saturday-Sunday between 8am-10pm. The Billing/Provisioning Department can be reached directly at 707-522-1000 Monday-Friday between 8am-5pm.
by Ahmed » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:16 pm
I was also wondering what exactly would the tech do?? Would he change something in my apartment's phone box?
by wa2ibm » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:03 pm
This process will not cost any different than if an existing line were utilized to switch your service.

Because a new line will be installed to provide Sonic Fusion service to your building, a Sonic tech will visit after the line is installed to switch the inside wiring over from the old service to your new Fusion service. You may have to get your building management involved to provide access to the NID for the Sonic tech, the same as for AT&T to bring in the new line.
by Ahmed » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:25 am
Is it possible that the Demarcation line is in my apartments main jack? Or is access to the NID necessary, thanks for all your help.
by wa2ibm » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:15 am
It's remotely possible that a second line may have been wired to a jack(s) in your apartment, but it's highly unlikely. Most likely, access to the NID will be required. AT&T will also need to access the NID to deliver the new pair there.
by dane » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:37 pm
There isn't a charge for this, it's just an extra step. Sorry!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Ahmed » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:52 am
I'm glad to hear that there is no charge for this, I had my new AT&T line installed last Thursday, and I have a Sonic.net technician coming over on Monday to set up the internal wiring. So far the customer service has been flawless, and I can't wait for my Fusion. :D
7 posts Page 1 of 1